Changing casing on Xbox 360

martyn3000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
How easy is it to do this?

I want to try and fit a black Elite case to my premium console (has the HDMI port)

Also does anyone know where I can find a black Elite case and what sort of money it will be?

Cheers.

Google xcm black knight, it's a 3rd party black case for the 360, often on eBay for £20, I have a black wii case of theirs and it's good quality, you'll struggle to find a genuine elite case I think (eBay would be the bes place to look though).

The 360 comes apart reasonably easy, would take you no more than 20 minutes and there's plenty of YouTube guides, unlike the wii which took me 4 stressful hours to do! It helps if you have a 360 case opening tool (comes with the black night I think) though you can do it without.

You could just trade your premium for a new elite?! Some cracking deals around at the moment so by the time you sell or trade the games that come free with ityou shouldn't have to pay more than £30-40 to trade up, plus new warranty and hopefully a new jasper model 360 which'll be quieter and more reliable!

Last edited by a moderator:
while case modding is an allowed topic, any other subject of the modding nature will be deleted.

also be aware, that any warranty will be voided, when done.

I can now do mine with my eyes closed! lol

If you struggle or anything you can send it down to me and Ill sort it out for you, any LED mods or fans I can install too. :D

I think I am actually developing a fetish taking mine apart and adding things.

Google xcm black knight, it's a 3rd party black case for the 360, often on eBay for £20, I have a black wii case of theirs and it's good quality, you'll struggle to find a genuine elite case I think (eBay would be the bes place to look though).

I had an XCM black knight case for one of my original 360s, personally i didn't think much to it, it was quite cheap and tacky looking.

I recommend: Xbox consoles Coventry | Xbox 360 consoles Midlands | Jack Of All Games UK if you're in the UK.

I bought the XCM Smoke case with the white led air tunnel and it looks awesome, the XCM cases come with an opening tool as well which makes opening the case easier (but its still pretty easy to open it without the tool, theres quite a few tutorials on youtube). Beware, some of the internal case mods are for the older/newer console models, make sure that any mod you buy is compatable with your model 360 (however all the cases will be fine for all models).

EDIT:
By model I mean jasper, falcon etc. The internals and layout of a jasper and falcon are quite different, so some of the extra fans you can buy for the 360 will only fit the jasper OR the falcon not both.

Last edited:
Not true that.

A HDMI Case must be used on a HDMI Console and vice versa.

No worries bro, :D I was just nitpicking, apologies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom