Question Changing Amazon Prime Video location?

Discussion in 'Film & TV On Demand Streaming Services' started by JonnyTester, Jan 14, 2018.

1. JonnyTester

JonnyTester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I recently had a Prime trial on amazon.com, to have some Christmas presents sent to my sister's address in Brooklyn. At the time I set up Amazon Prime Video my Nvidia Shield to take advantage of the trial. I now have amazon.co.uk Prime, but when I try to set my Shield up again to use it, it defaults to the US version. As a result a lot of the free stuff is not playing, due to my location. Other stuff isn't included with Prime, like Life In Pieces for instance.

I've tried deregistering and reregistering the Prime Video app on my Shield, but it reverts to the US version every time.

Has anyone a suggestion how to get this working properly?

2. PopKing1

PopKing1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JonnyTester,
    I live in Maine, USA and recently purchased an LG OLED TV (from a US retailer)and when I register the device using the built-in Amazon Prime app, everything is in German. I have yet to watch a show to determine if I am disallowed due to location or if this fluke is a language adjustment only. I am unable to find a language selector on the TV app unlike my computer that gives me a Spanish language option. Anyway, my guess is I am actually logged in to the Amazon.de (German) location version. I have also tried de-registering and re-registering several times to no avail. I do not know how to solve this problem.
    How this is happening I can only guess. My son moved to Berlin, Germany about six months ago and he uses the German version of Prime with my account, I believe. Maybe somehow the LG TV Prime software is picking up his German version when I log in. Just thinking now...I will logout (de-register) and then ask him to log out and I'll re-register to see if it changes on my end. That is the only idea I have thus far.
    I am anxious to hear response from anyone that may have a clue!

3. JonnyTester

JonnyTester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289

Firstly, congratulations on living in possibly the best place on earth. :clap:

It really is a ridiculous state of affairs. The Amazon Video app on my tv connects to UK, so I'm bewildered as to why the Shield doesn't.