• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Changes to Sky's "packages" - general discussion

logiciel

Is it generally known that there have recently been changes, and exactly what those changes are?
For example, that the Entertainment + package now includes a cut-down version of the 3D channel.

Last edited:

delanoster

Established Member
To get the 3D channel on Entertainment+ you have to order it - it doesn't cost anything and can be done from the Sky website. I didn't know this as Sky haven't directly told me and I haven't seen anything on Sky itself about it.

logiciel

That was the point of the thread, to find out whether people have the information of which that link is an example.
The 3D channel is shown as part of the E+ Package, so it shouldn't be necessary to ask for it as you had to do when it was an extra to SW - so how do you know "you have to order it", delanoster?

delanoster

Established Member
I don't know if I had to order it but when I selected the Sky 3D channel from the planner last night there was a PPV film on that I obviously couldn't watch. I logged onto my Sky account and under packages I was told I was now eligible for Sky 3D next to an order button. The process was very much like adding films or sports to an existing package but the cost was £0.

Sky even sent me emails with the order confirmation number and order complete.

logiciel

Thanks for the details - that's how you used to do it when it was an extra to SW - it's odd that they now show it as part of E+ yet you still have to ask for it.:confused:
you won't get Sky Sports or Movies in 3D but they are Premium channels.
That's what I meant by "cut-down".

waveydavey13

Established Member
I'm toying with ditching sky sports in the next month or two and using the money saved to upgrade from Sky Broadband Unlimited to Sky Fibre Unlimited therefore only paying an extra 50p a month for the fibre instead of sports etc....

Anyway what i want to know is do i loose access to the F1 / F1 HD channel??

I've been a sports and movies subscriber for 15+ years and have had HD since the beginning so does that put me in the "existing subscribers" i've seen mentioned on other threads where by i don't need the sports pack to keep viewing the F1 channel??

Basically i suppose i'm asking if anyone in the same situation has cancelled sports and still has the F1 channel.

Cheers

Dave.

logiciel

There are other threads about this and some do appear to have kept the channel.
It would be much easier though just to send an e-mail to Sky and ask them.;)

GeeZus

Prominent Member
If you're on a existing hd subscriber, canceling sports will not affect the f1 channel as it's also part of the hd pack. But if you decide to remove hd and switch to the entertainment extra + you would lose the f1 channel but pay for the remaining hd channels at cheaper rate - 5 a month instead of 10.25. This reduced rate doesn't include the sports out movie channels though - you'd have to post an extra 5.25 for those but you can cancel the premium hd with 1 months notice.

Any questions feel free to ask

logiciel

Those details have been covered in the "other threads" on the subject.

waveydavey13

Established Member
I've also asked the same question on the Sky.com help forums and got the following reply from one of the co-ordinators on there....

"Hi Wavey+Davey+13,

You would continue to receive the channel if you stopped your sports subscription."

Cheers

Dave.

logiciel

Co-ordinators sound good. I might start calling myself that.:D

logiciel

:thumbsup:
It would be hard to beat their Service Excellence Consultants aka Sexcies.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom