Question Changed my Google pass word now my TV wants me to log in but it won't let me

01tj

Novice Member
I had to change my Google password on my computer and now my TV seems to be going crazy. While watching TV through most apps it stops and says to verify account. Once I start the process I choose my user name and get to the next screen and it won't let me do anything after that. No keypad appears and the only thing I can do with my remote is back out.

LCDseeker

I had to change my Google password on my computer and now my TV seems to be going crazy. While watching TV through most apps it stops and says to verify account. Once I start the process I choose my user name and get to the next screen and it won't let me do anything after that. No keypad appears and the only thing I can do with my remote is back out.
I'd try a reboot. Press and hold the on/off switch until the television turns off and reboots.

Palexr

Can you remove the original account? Reset?

01tj

Novice Member
Before I remove the account and start over I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. It doesnt' seem to be a password problem. The notification says

Google
Verify it's you

You were signed out of your Google Account. Sign in again to continue.

Next

When I hit the center button on my remote the light on the bottom of my TV seems to be letting me know that its getting a signal but nothing happens. When I hit back it just flashes back to that screen but if I hit home I go back to the main menu and can resume watching. I am just concerned that if I remove my Google account I will no longer be able to watch youtube TV

Morden

Before I remove the account and start over I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. It doesnt' seem to be a password problem. The notification says

Google
Verify it's you

You were signed out of your Google Account. Sign in again to continue.

Next

When I hit the center button on my remote the light on the bottom of my TV seems to be letting me know that its getting a signal but nothing happens. When I hit back it just flashes back to that screen but if I hit home I go back to the main menu and can resume watching. I am just concerned that if I remove my Google account I will no longer be able to watch youtube TV
Did you try the synch account as I suggested?
If it prompts you to sign in enter your details again if prompted.

01tj

Novice Member
Did you try the synch account as I suggested?
If it prompts you to sign in enter your details again if prompted.

I think, when I did it gave me a ! with circle around it for all the options then asked me to verify it again.

Palexr

How about going to your Google account in chrome, click on your avatar and > Manage Your Google Account. Then in the search bar type "devices", this should bring up a list of devices signed in to your account. If it is still there for some reason you could sign out properly and then try again?

01tj

Novice Member
Did you verify it?
You might get a text to your phone to confirm device or it may ask you to enter password or enter code

My wife had a Google code sent to her phone so we may have made some progress. I didn't have time to mess with it yesterday though but it seems like I couldn't get to a place where I could put the code in.

01tj

Novice Member
Okay hopefully this is just me being dumb but I have made it to the point where I need to put in a password but the password has to contain letters and my remote only has numbers on it. Voice doesnt work for putting in a passwords

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There is usually a way to toggle between letters or numbers using the remote and an on-screen keyboard.

01tj

Novice Member
There is usually a way to toggle between letters or numbers using the remote and an on-screen keyboard.

That's what I was thinking but I can't seem to find it. I noticed in the following link there should be a keyboard option under settings. I don't have anything appearing under current keyboard.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom