Change your IPD!

Been noticing things looking on the small side, in game legs looking a little too short, car seats looking a bit small in gt sport and people being a bit short in Skyrim.
My eye to eye distance was around 62-63mm measuring it accurately.
Saw a reddit post on it and it was suggested 57mm is the sweet spot.
WOW! What a difference, it's better than ever, everything seems bigger, more impressive, and much more immersive.
If you want to try it follow this...
1. Reset eye to eye distance to default value
2. In the eye to eye settings take a picture of anything, just hit ok until the option to move the little squares comes up.
3. Going from the default value move the left square 7 clicks to the right. Leave the right square alone and hit ok.
4. Repeat for the right eye.
5. Hit ok and your value should be 57mm.
Enjoy!

vinvader

They really should give us a slider so that we can change it quickly without the hassle of having to go through all the menus.

GlennTidbury

Surely the purpose of this setting is to match the image better with the actual distance between your pupils. Thus, 57 might not be the sweet spot for everyone?

I haven't had an opticians report in many years, so I've no idea what mine is if accurately measured. However, using the ruler/mirror method,I get the same results as the PS4 picture taking method... Around 59 or 60mm. Don't see the logic in reducing this if it's going to be further away from my real ipd.

You'd think so but it's just used for scale apparently.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Are we sure this wont make us more cross eyed? as i thought thats the point of matching our ipd, to avoid strain on cross eyeing. Ive had headaches with mobile vr when i initially had the wrong ipd setting adjusted.

Are we sure this wont make us more cross eyed? as i thought thats the point of matching our ipd, to avoid strain on cross eyeing. Ive had headaches with mobile vr when i initially had the wrong ipd setting adjusted.
My IPD measured by a ruler (and the suggested method in the menu) is around 64mm which makes everything seem too small.
I changed it to 57mm which seems to be the consensus on a reddit sub forum for the best scale and it worked friggin wonders.
Change it/don't change it, just sharing my experience. Will take less than a minute to try

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
My IPD measured by a ruler (and the suggested method in the menu) is around 64mm which makes everything seem too small.
I changed it to 57mm which seems to be the consensus on a reddit sub forum for the best scale and it worked friggin wonders.
Change it/don't change it, just sharing my experience. Will take less than a minute to try
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited by your finding. I actually have the same Ipd as you so now even more excited! But I did have that cross eye concern having experienced it on mobile with wrong Ipd adjustment. Thanks for posting your finding. I'll try tomorrow.

Darth_terra

Mine is usually 60mm so i gave 57mm a go and booted up Skyrim and to be honest i didn't really see much difference, I guess maybe if you Ipd is closer to the default which is 63mm you will see more of a difference when using 57mm, I dunno.

GlennTidbury

Mine is usually 60mm so i gave 57mm a go and booted up Skyrim and to be honest i didn't really see much difference, I guess maybe if you Ipd is closer to the default which is 63mm you will see more of a difference when using 57mm, I dunno.
Same results here testing with psychonauts quickly yesterday.

I first noticed in gt sport, it was like I was too big for the car, the seats looked tiny and my head was always touching the roof and too close to the wheel. At 57mm the cars suddenly seemed massive, much much better.
Same with rigs and eve. Think it has more of an impact when you're in a cockpit of some sort. People on reddit report re7 was a lot better too but haven't tried it.

Trending threads

Top Bottom