Change to freesat before end of 12 month contract

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Elmer, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I’m currently on sky+ and still have 3 months to go before my 12 month contract is up. Can I move to freesat and just pay the £10 a month for the sky+ or are you only able to do that after the 12 months is up?

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    That depends.
    Do you currently have a channel package and if so have you completed the minimum 12 month term? If so then you are free to cancel the channel package with 1 months notice and you can then continue paying the £10 for the SKY+ service.

If as I expect you are still within the minimum term for both the SKY+ and channel subscription package you will have to complete your obligation, you can of course reduce your monthly fee by dropping some channels.

3. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I’ve got 3 months still to go on my 12 month contract. At the moment I’m on the basic package with Movies 2 and one of the sport ones, for around £30 so I don’t have to pay the £10 for sky +. It looks like I’ll have to wait till December to have the option of Freesat with Sky+ then, in the mean time I’ll just downgrade to the 2 mixes for £15 with £10 for sky+.