Change the Soundbar Bose 300 for 5.1 setup?

Luki17

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Currently I have Soundbar Bose 300 + sub and the sound is decent. My room is small around 11m2. I always wanted to get full 5.1 and now thinking if it but I have some question for you:

1. i's worth in my case and in my room?
Especially the surrounds well I don't have many options to hand those and will the effect be there.. Also is it worth it if I don't watch many special effects movies? I mean I have some favourites blu rays like start wars saga, gravity, predator or Alien saga for examples but with my wife we mostly watch movies like shawshank redemption, green mile, taxi driver etc. does 5.1 has a point in that kind of movies?
2. Please look at my room's pictures I marked where I would see the speakers. I can't hang anything on the wall besides the TV the reason is that this wall was muted because it's a wall that separates me from my neighbor and I wouldn't like to spoil the effect of it by making holes there.
Preferably for me would be shelf fronts placed at my rtv cabinet (won't be too low height?) on the sides possibly but less willingly on the stands right/left becaues my wife doesn't like the look of it and I would have less room for Sub. And the rear surrounds well I can;t hang it behind the armchair because it is pushed against the wall so I was thinking of using something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B001E83UKOTo hang them and point to the armchair.
I also don't have a open space room for the receiver so it would have to be in the cabinet I know most will be against it but at least I could cut the back of it.

I'm not speaking about the stuff yet because first I would like to know:

In your opinion does it make sense?
Will the effect be there and most important will the effect be much better then with bose 300 in such a small room and not perfect possibility of speaker placement?

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 37
Anyone, any advice? Propably many of you have/had soundbars and 5.1 and can share experiences in small room?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom