1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change processor or not???

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by yatesd, Jun 17, 2002.

1. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am presently using teh Yamaha E800 processor with bi-amped Audiolab units, and B&W speakers throughout.

I have recently bought the Arcam DV27 DVD player, and am now wondering whether I should also change the processor or whether I have merely got upgrade-itis.

Just wondering whether DD and DTS Ex are worth going for, or what other processors I could get to make a difference.

Another question anyone know whether I would be better off using the Arcam internal decoding or continue to do the decoding in the Yamaha.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The Arcam fMj Dv27 does not conatin a full DD/dts 5.12 channel decoder, so you will have to cotinue using your Yamaha until you upgrade. If you are looking to upgrade the new Arcam fMj THX processor would be the best match to your current equipment, but you would need to add 5 more channels of amplification.

The new matching P7 power amp would probably be close to your Audio labs.

3. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for the suggestion.

Question is I guess whether I need to upgrade or not, I am not sure whether the Yamaha is a good enough pairing with the Arcam or not??

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Whether you upgrade or not is up to you. The Arcam DVD is in a higher band to the Yamaha.

The Arcam processor is the new AV8.

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Are the AV8 P7 out yet? We have been talking aboput them for months now but I have yet to see one outside Bristol. Are they in the shops yet?

If so what do people think?

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The new Arcam pieces are not available yet. I'll post when they are as we will have one on demo.