Change of Power Supply Board?

bobobio

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 65" Samsung QLED TV 2 years ago in Serbia, exact model # QE65Q6FNATXXH. In a couple of months, I will be moving back to the US, but my TV is rated as 220-240V only. I know I can buy a transformer to solve this issue, but there are a few problems with that, making it an unworkable solution.

I'm wondering whether it might be possible to switch out the power supply board in the TV with a US one. Anyone know if this is possible or how I can go about figuring that out? I contacted Samsung, but their response was "No, unfortunately not that. That the only thing that would do is damage your TV" I'm not convinced their rep really knew and they're giving me a blanket Cover Your Ass response.

It's strange because this model TV sells in most of Europe as dual voltage, but for some reason the exact version sold in Serbia is 220-240V only. Surely the internals are basically the same and so might run on the same power supplied from the power board??

Thanks,
Karl

Might be worth speaking to a repair technician, the guys on the tools tend to know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom