1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change ideas, Yamaha RX-SL80 and NSP240

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spickee, Jul 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spickee

spickee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Keep umming and ahhing over the 450 at Superfi and the size does somewhat put me off, when I found a cracking deal at Peter Tyson for £200 the RX-SL80 and NSP-240. I am looking at getting in at entry level for sound levels and quality, want something ok, but don't need to shake the earth.

This looks like a belter, anyone any experience of either the speakers or the amp.

I know in a couple of years I'll update the amp, but for now it looks to have plenty of whallop and is small, this is a biggie, wife is fed up of lots of bits and pieces everywhere.

2. simpsod1

simpsod1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought the yamaha AV package 57 (RXV357 and NSP110) for £169.00 delivered from unbeatable. Ordered 3pm Tues arrived Weds 8.30am !!!!

Impression so far....excellent value for money, very impressed considering this is a budget system.....only fault I have found is that the auto on for the powered sub does not always work.