1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chances of getting import taxed on psp?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by tom_g, Mar 30, 2005.

1. tom_g

tom_g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    just wondering how many of you have paid tax on imported psp's.

how much, where from (country & seller), how was it labeled?

only because i'm considering buying from the uk as then i defo won't be paying tax but obv paying slightly more to start with.... hmmm

cheers!

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    High chance if its from a retailer. Much less if its from ebay or such and marked down as gift below $30 in value. You pay your money and take your chances.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,371
    All depends on the company, some have been told not to mark the packages incorrectly (i.e. DVDSoon) so anything from them over £18 you can expect to pay charges when it arrives but there are companies like VG+ that will mark the package with a low value and a gift to avoid customs and so far it seems everyone who ordered from VG+ have recieved their PSP customs free.

I personally bought my JPN PSP off eBay from inside the UK but that was only because I didnt want to wait a few weeks as I got it back in January when few little websites had them instock but there are some good deals on eBay now, just make sure you pick a good seller with alot of positive feedback.

4. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I bought mine in January from yes-asia.com and they will pay any tax or import duties shipped by standard airmail and if caught. Mine was just handed to me by posty in about a week which i thought was pretty quick and no customs/tax etc.

DVDCHILD

5. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    I've noticed recently that absoutely everything I order from overseas arrives with the custom's stamp on it, and anything over the limit gets hit for charges.

They appear to now have sufficient resources to process everything, so the chances of avoiding the charges is pretty low.

Unfortunately I ordered my PSP from DVD Soon :thumbsdow , so it looks like I'm not going to have the pleasure of paying any customs charges.

6. Gadfium

Gadfium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just got mine this morning (off ebay). Didnt have to pay customs on delivery....although i have heard that people have received letters from HM Customes looking for the money :thumbsdow

7. tom_g

tom_g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i've gone with one off ebay in the uk.... hopefully get it tomora or sat as it's not that far away.

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,371
    If it got delievered by Royal Mail then you are safe as they will ask for money upfront before they hand over the package but if it was a courier then you could get a charge a few weeks from now.

9. Lancia34

Lancia34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,988
    I've just got mine from VG+ and it didnt get hit by customs which made the unit only £180 with delivery and that came with Spiderman 2 movie & Wayne Gretzky hockey.
    Bargain really - I'm gonna order some more games from them as well as delivery is only £2.50, meaning games are about £26.