Chances of getting an iPhone 4 with no pre order?

Reaction score
My friends think I'm barking mad, but I have no reservation at Apple store (tbh wasn't aware you could get a pre order in store) So I'm going to try my luck in store on Launch day and I'm gonna get there early...

Good idea or not? :D

There will be ones for sale for non pre-order... they'll go quickly though! Best get there early ;)

I reckon you stand a better chance at a quiet phone store, o2 or carphone warehouse.

I reckon you stand a better chance at a quiet phone store, o2 or carphone warehouse.

I want to buy it outright have the money saved... are they not only doing contract phones?

I want to buy it outright have the money saved... are they not only doing contract phones?

Not sure if you've got a sim you're expecting to use but....

I've got the money to pay outright. Apart from giving me a better chance of getting a phone if I get a contract it actually works out cheaper....and I'll get a more free phone calls, texts and internet access!

So I've changed my mind based on LFC's comparison table :smashin:

would it not be a better idea to go just before closing & claim any reservation that has not been collected.? They only reserve until close of business do they not.?

or go first thing on friday, to check.?

would it not be a better idea to go just before closing & claim any reservation that has not been collected.? They only reserve until close of business do they not.?

or go first thing on friday, to check.?

I was thinking that actually, It's about forty mins from me Soton so am a bit worried when I get there the queue will be huge and I'll of wasted a day off work etc...

In my experience Apple Stores always have enough stock for people who line up on launch day, it may take a while but you'll get a phone.

Coming in at the end of the day or early the next day also sound like sensible ideas and you'll save a lot of time if it works out -- but there's always the chance that they might do something weird and the best-laid plans etc etc.

In my experience Apple Stores always have enough stock for people who line up on launch day, it may take a while but you'll get a phone.

Coming in at the end of the day or early the next day also sound like sensible ideas and you'll save a lot of time if it works out -- but there's always the chance that they might do something weird and the best-laid plans etc etc.

Cheers, it'll wipe the smile off everyones face when my persistance pays off... :)

I'll be chancing my luck at opening on Friday, as I don't get paid until Friday morning and don't "do" credit, so have to wait.

I'm hoping to be in luck, but I'll only be waiting if there's any chance of a white phone, otherwise I'll not bother on Friday and will wait, hopefully if I'm forced to wait for a white one then cheaper 02 PAYG handsets should be out before the white phones become available.

I'm gonna chance my luck Saturday morning in Kingston, but if not I can happily wait for the white one/14th July :)

I'm gonna chance my luck Saturday morning in Kingston, but if not I can happily wait for the white one/14th July :)

That's my feelings, I'll try my luck if it doesn't pay off I'll order one on apple site... But no harm in trying is there :)

does anyone know how Apple will sell on reserved ones which have not been collected? will it be at close of business tomorrow - so if I pop along at 5mins to closing time can the store assume no one has collected (and hence they can sell on) or do they wait until next day regardless?

Interested in Regent Street or Brent Cross specifically. Before anyone asks I tried calling them both up but stopped after being on hold for 15 mins

They'll sell them from Friday onwards, I would imagine, as the reservation is good until closing time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom