Champs League Final Sky HD Sound Dropouts

lfcmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title explains, is anyone having problems with the sound while viewing the Champions League on Sky HD. :confused:

It sounds shocking they all sound muffled at the minute, not the clarity I have come to expect from my HD service. :mad:

Happens on all Sky HD channels, nothing new unfortunately or anything practical you can do about it. Just one of those things you have to live with!!

I had the same problem with the FA Cup Final. I found removing and re-connecting the HDMI lead at both ends worked.

Mike

Apart from the dropouts, did anyone else think it was the best 5.1 sound that Sky have provided (in a football match) since HD began?

I hope I'm not in the minority.

I found Sky's sound quality awful.

On normal stereo it was poor. Very quiet. On surround sound, I was only getting sound from front left and right. Nothing through centre speaker. Commentary was very very quiet and got several drop outs.

At least the picture quality was good. Flicked over to ITV and it was like someone had smeared vaseline on the lens....except it was the same camera as Sky were using.

Apart from the dropouts, did anyone else think it was the best 5.1 sound that Sky have provided (in a football match) since HD began?

I hope I'm not in the minority.

I thought it was good too (apart from the drop outs). There seemed to be a lot more going on from the rears and overall created a more "real" atmosphere.

I thought it was good too (apart from the drop outs). There seemed to be a lot more going on from the rears and overall created a more "real" atmosphere.

Totally agree. Had a few dropouts but i'm used to that now (anyone know why it happens?) the sound seamed more powerful and the rear speakers came alive ! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom