1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Championship Manager 4

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by perrdl, Mar 17, 2003.

1. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested in getting this title when it comes out in a few weeks, but I am struggling to find what PC spec's are needed for it to run!!!!

I only have a 850mhz P3 and just over 300mb RAM. Does anybody know if my computer will be able to run this at a reasonable speed.

I remember playing Championship Manager 2 on my old PC and it took about 5 hours to sort itself out after each season.

2. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Your PC will run championship manager but maybe only 1 league. Minimum specs are 600mhz and 64mb ram though they stronlgy recomend 128.

3. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will probably only run one league anyway.

Thanks a lot for the info, I think I will place an order for it!!!

4. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    anyone have a release date yet?

5. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    The game has goen gold meaning it is finished. EIDOS are putting the game on cds now. The game will be out in shops 28th March

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just bought Championship Manager 01/02 and I have to admit that I can't make head nor tail of it! :blush:

Is it a really difficult game or am I just being a total numpty?! :D

I cannot figure out how to change my team - I have an injured player in my first eleven and so it will not let me play...

I have tried the official site and a few fan sites, but nowhere does it explain how to play... Can anyone post a link of instructions on how to play for beginners.

7. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    To change players just drag the position you want changing to the player you want to replace him.

8. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Or just clear the position then replace it.

Lex dont you have the instructions?

Its not difficult to play just takes a bit of time, but it is easily the most addictive game ever.

9. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    The gold demo is now availe to download from www.sigames.com This is the final version and fixes all the known bugs. Injuries are still high but si have stated there will be a patch maybe on day of release to fix this issue.

10. Mahtey

Mahtey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey,

My life will never be the same after friday.

Can't wait to check the 'interested foriegn based'!

How good do you think Wayne Rooney will be?

Cheers,

Matthew

11. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    One of the Collyer brothers was on an Everton forum a couple of months ago asking what Rooney's future potential should be marked as.

He had wanted to define it as full marks or as near as and a few of the coders had rebelled...

We'll see.

12. Mahtey

Mahtey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey,

Me and my (CM playing) buddies honestly believe that the reason for the last delay was to recabilrate the game for the Rooney factor.

All I know is that i'll be bidding for Rooney immediately?

Anyone know any stores that might be selling the game midnight thursday?

Cheers,

Matthew

13. richdmx

richdmx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having played the demo, i hope it is better than the demo.

Got really frustrated!

Hope its faster to!

Really looking forward to this, my weekend plans are out of the window!

14. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    If you order from www.gameplay.com there is a good chance you will have the game for Thursday. I know some Game stores will be open for midnight to sell the game and also to sell the new gameboy advance with built in light.

Remember there will be a patch to fix some bugs in the championship manager game. SI the company that make the game have been notified of the bugs and they are trying to fix what they can for Thursday, Friday. To download the patch go to www.sigames.com and it will be there either Thursday or Friday free of charge. I do not know how big the patch will be but if you can not download it for some reason then the patch will be available on the front cover of pc magazines.

15. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I got the game this morning (Thursday). I will not be playing ti yet though because there will be a patch to fix some bugs either tonight or tomorow, in the meantime i will have a good read of the manual :).

16. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Did you get your copy from a shop (if so what one?) or mail order?

17. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I got the game from gameplay but if you go to the store Game they will sell you the game after 5 because they count this as a Fiday sale. I have not played the game yet other than check to see how many leagues i can run untill the patch is out.

18. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    when does the background picture of that keeper diving go away????can you change it...help:mad:

19. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    There is a patch download it from www.sigames.com.

They did release a patch last night but for soem reason it stopped the background pictures changing but there is anotehr patch out that lets it change the pictures. The patch has the same name as the first one so if you installed a patch last night you will have to uninstall it and re-install the new patch.

20. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i cant believe how much of a mess this game is its a total disgrace and i for one will be sticking to the 01/02 season edition :mad: are sigames taking the **** or what.its slow,the stats are know where near as good as the last one there is no editor it has probs everywhere lol.apart from the 2d pitch its a total waste of time,cash and my hard drive oh and you might aswell forget your shortlist because it doesnt even tell you when a player is being looked at by other clubs,i have lost djibrill cisse to man uts already and roque junior to leeds.and it gets very very slow in the off season.IM NOT IMPRESSED :mad:

21. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I played 30 hours over the weekend but only played 16 games during that time. I chose maximum database which is why it was slow. Choose minimum or normal database and dont go over the recomended amount of leagues. I chose just the 4 divisions in England with normal databse and the game flies.

I have players on my shortlist and i can view them. i think the game will be better once the second patch is out. I love the game though i agree there are some bugs in the game but they dont spoil your enjoyment and the game is slow when you choose maximum database.

22. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Well as a HUGE CM fan even I have to admit how slow this new verison seems even with the patch

Im running a 2.66GHz machine on a 7200ROM hard drive ( ata 100 ) and 512MB of that fast ram stuff and its not that fast :(

Any tweaking tips

23. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    if you have XP use task manager set CM4 priority to high buy make sure you are using no thers apps

24. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    To make the game faster select the database on medium or minimum and untick full detail (you dont have to do that but i do).

Close the programs you have running in background like msn or kazza or nero and if you are not surfing the net close the anti-virus programe.

I found running a game on medium database and unticking the full detail then pressing ctrl alt delete right click on cm4 and choose above normal (that tip works on xp) the game flies.

I have a 1.4 athlon 512 ddr ram chose 5 nations 15 leagues maximum database and only played 20 games in 30 hours but as i said follow my tip and you will find the game fly, even more so on your pc because your is better than mine.

25. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Im inststalling it now, are any of you using the update its supposed to fix some of the speed problems.

26. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    has the enhance pack ....... didnt notice much diff to be honest

27. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I love the game i think it is superb and would recomend it to people but i am honest person and will tell you some of the problems with the game.

I have an Athlon 1.4 512 ddr ram but found the game unplayable because was so slow with maximum database so i chose medium database runnign just the english leagues.

If you come third or even 15th at the end of the season the board will say they are happy with wiining the title.

If you get an injury during a game click on his profile it will give you the result of your game, this result can be changed if you chnage your tactics but obviously still should not be there.

If you are in the second group stage stage of champions league one of the games is on the same day as the internationals so you will loose half your squad for that champions league game.

I put a bid for JoeCole but kept delaying the transfer becasue i did not have enough funds. West Ham cancealed the deal but when i had enough funds few weeks later i tried to re-bid it said Joe Cole has already accepted a contract, i was the only one that bid for him.

28. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    The game has not crashed on my machine. Sometimes the game pauses and egg timer comes up which makes it look like it has crashed but leave it a a few mins it is just the game processing.

People have complained about too many injuries but assign a phsyio to each diffrent training method and it will stop this. I had played 3 months game time during that time i only had 3 injuries.

I have not witnessed the scores changing. People have complaiend that they went into tactics screen while they were 2-0 up and came out of the tactics screen into the game found the game was 1-0 or whatever but this is rare and i have not seen it myself.

As i have said i love the game but i just want to point out it does have some bugs in the game but it wont stop your enjoyment. I have not noticed the score changing bug not many people have. I knwo the game is slow but there are 88 leagues and 250 000 staff that is big data. Championship manager 01/02 did not have many bugs but that was about the 4th season update and that cm3 series had about 15 patches.

Championship manager 4 has great features very in depth and it is designed for the more mature gamer and people who are into football in a big way. I think the game is better the the previous version but the previous version ran better because it did not have as much depth and 4 season updates and 15 patches it is not surprising it has less bugs than championship manager 4.

Enjoy the game let me know how you get on.

29. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thank God for that. I thought I was imagining it (or too much Stella) but I was 1-0 up, a quick alteration of my tactics, back to the game, they score and it's 2-1 to them.:(

30. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    If the score does change after you have changed tactics you can click on undo and it goes back to the orignal score so people on the messagebord have said.
    I go on the championship manager messageboard everyday and it is good the programmers go on there even at 2 am and stay there a few hours reading what people are saying and answering the questions and devloping patches to fix the errors.

I dont think there is another game where the programmers listen to people at what problems they have had and come on at 2 in the morning after working 35 hours non stop on the game to get it ready. The score changing bug should be fixed in the next patch which will be out in about 4 weeks im guessing. I have not witnessed it myself though.