• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Championship games in Hd

According to Sky most Championship games will be in Hd this season starting with Luton vs Leicester on Saturday. However having checked through the planner the game is only on Skysports 2 whilst Cricket is on Hd. In the magazine they advertise the fixture as on Skysport2/Hd so does this mean another Hd sports channel before Saturday

mmace

could it be on Sky Sports HD 2 by any chance?

EDIT:
from digiguide:
SPORT: Football League
On: Sky Sports HD 2 (409)
Date: Saturday 5th August 2006 (starting in 4 days)
Time: 12:00 to 14:30 (2 hours and 30 minutes long)

Luton Town V Leicester City - Live.
Luton and Leicester kick off their 2006/2007 Coca-Cola Championship seasons with a match at Kenilworth Road. The Hatters enjoyed a fine campaign last term.
(Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles)

Dave5118

Worryingly....when $kysports news advertised this weekends games on $kysports 2, there was no mention of them being in HD :rolleyes:

Maybe it was just an oversight.....

Dave5118

MDX said:
Every time i have herd them talk about the matches they always say Sky Sports 2 and also Sky Sports 2 HD.
I was watching this morning between 10.30 & 11.00, maybe they added later.
Talking of $kysports HD2, has anybody got it on yet?
No sign of it on mine, it was due to start this morning.

uno

Im not sure who is providing the ob facilities for this weekends opening championship games it is Arqiva's contract but I have been informed their new HD units have been delayed until late Aug/Sept so I would imagine that Visions and Telegenic will provide the units as Premiership not started yet.
Im told sports hd2 has passed testing and goes in epg on wed morning which is a bit strange if you want to programme your box upto 7 days in advance although Sports news only changed at last min.

mmace

uno said:
Im told sports hd2 has passed testing and goes in epg on wed morning which is a bit strange if you want to programme your box upto 7 days in advance although Sports news only changed at last min.
but since most people have mobile phones you can do it at anytime now without having to be there

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I hope Sky use better HD camera's at future Championship games, because I expected more when the Derby vs Southampton game was on Sky Sports 2 HD.

Ewoody

I've been critical of the PQ of the championship matches so far, in comparision to the high standard the BBC HD provided during the World Cup.
Last night's Wolves v Preston restored my faith in HD sport, the picture was superb. Under floodlights seems to bring the best out of HD football.

colin45

Standard Member
Ewoody said:
I've been critical of the PQ of the championship matches so far, in comparision to the high standard the BBC HD provided during the World Cup.
Last night's Wolves v Preston restored my faith in HD sport, the picture was superb. Under floodlights seems to bring the best out of HD football.

It may be because under floodlight the lighting is controlled unlike daylight where it varies

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
astirling said:
Anyone else getting a blurring of the picture in the extreme left or right in the Stoke game today?

I saw some blurring on the right-hand side, but only when the shot was from one of the stand-cameras - was noticable when looking at some of the advertising hoardings.

ozsat

TVR_Fan said:
I hope Sky use better HD camera's at future Championship games, because I expected more when the Derby vs Southampton game was on Sky Sports 2 HD.
Sky Sports HD 2 - not Sky Sports 2 HD.

Sky Sports HD 2 is not always the same programming as Sky Sports 2.

platty

astirling said:
Anyone else getting a blurring of the picture in the extreme left or right in the Stoke game today?

I saw that blurring, thought it was my screen...but obviously not...:confused: , anyway escellent PQ on the game which is on right now.....Hull, Derby .....

M

Magic Pants

balb0wa said:
The one on now, derby match, pic quality isnt upto much at all.

Totally agree! I'm struggling to see much difference at all between HD and SD. I guess it's a bit better but not much.

platty

mmmmm....interesting...:confused:

one thing i have noticed is the sound...its supposed to be DD but my amp is only picking it up as DS same with the earlier game also.....????

Shimmyhill

Watching the Derby game and no DD and it looks quite poor compared to the BBC HD games. If anything the game earlier looked better.

Mind with both games there is lots of hoofing of the ball so prolly harder to make that look good ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom