Champions League Thread 18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we do manage to get a result tomorrow night, you can be sure the topic on Talksport will be 'Are Barca all that'.

And if we do manage to get a result tomorrow night, you can be sure the topic on Talksport will be 'Are Barca all that'.

I always avoid that garbage but you're probably right.

I still can't believe there were and possibly still are members of our fan base that think we didn't need to do business this summer :laugh:

I always avoid that garbage but you're probably right.

I still can't believe there were and possibly still are members of our fan base that think we didn't need to do business this summer :laugh:
Adding 1 or 2 players would give a lift to the dressing room, but no guarantee those players would be an instant success.

I think it was always a case of sell before buying, and since no-one left it was no surprise we didn't buy anyone. I just wish we had cashed in our Dier last year as I think he's the only member of our 1st team who could be easily improved on. The others who were rumoured to leave would have been very difficult to replace (Toby, Dembele, and Rose) within the tight budget.

Adding 1 or 2 players would give a lift to the dressing room, but no guarantee those players would be an instant success.

I think it was always a case of sell before buying, and since no-one left it was no surprise we didn't buy anyone. I just wish we had cashed in our Dier last year as I think he's the only member of our 1st team who could be easily improved on. The others who were rumoured to leave would have been very difficult to replace (Toby, Dembele, and Rose) within the tight budget.

For me it isn't about them being an instant success though, not in terms of a squad anyway, more to do with some competition for places and for times like this when we're down to the bare bones and possibly relying upon Skipp, N'koudou & an unfit Wanyama among others, as we don't have enough cover. We're fortunate that both Lamela and Lucas look hungry for time otherwise there's nobody putting pressure on the regulars so they don't necessarily have to "turn up" to get in the side.

Plenty of info out there that paints a different light to the selling before buying thing, one stand-out is Grealish, if we'd of gone in with the £25m at the beginning rather than £3m and Onomah on loan then he'd be a Spurs player. I don't think they can get away with not moving in January now though, the gaps in the squad are easy to see, perhaps not so easy to fill but guess that remains to be seen.

In terms of the midfield, I can see your point on Dier but I also think we could look to find competition for Winks, Wanyama and Dembele is running on fumes - so we definitely need a couple of additions there.

Interestingly enough, there was that quote going round from a chairman at another club ENIC invested in, from 17 years ago that pretty much confirmed they don't like to spend big at clubs. I can see them selling up once everything is sorted with the ground and naming rights etc.

Awful decision that was 100% a penalty for Man City then

I people wonder why City fans don’t like the champions league, bring VAR in we might have a chance of winning something.

Walker could have had a red as well, the ref has been poor but City haven't exactly set the world alight tonight.

And you wonder why we don’t like the champions league .......

Silva is quality, one of the best in the league.

Don’t you just love the Champions League ???

Something needs to be done to even the playing field and allow City to compete at the highest level.

What a terrible refereeing performance - and we won !!

What a terrible refereeing performance - and we won !!
It’s a miracle, but play like that on Sunday and we will get stuffed.

We will lose games because of the way we attack - so be it.

Something needs to be done to even the playing field and allow City to compete at the highest level.
Don’t worry VAR is in next year but I don’t think it will affect united.

Is it me or are the commentators going overboard about how ‘poor’ Utd have been?

Is it me or are the commentators going overboard about how ‘poor’ Utd have been?

No, they’ve been absolutely ****

We have been still been pretty poor but maybe a bit. Its open season on United at the moment tho and anything less than a stellar performance will be reported as disastrous. Its not terrible, but it's not exactly great either. But at least we aren't losing. Yet. Not sure we've actually had a shot in target either have we? Lol

Have they been poor, or are they just jumping on the bandwagon with all the current hype going on ?

The commentators are jumping on the bandwagon a bit. United struggle to keep the ball with players like Fellaini Matic and Lukaku. Plus Sanchez loses possession more than any player at the top level.

This Valencia match is garbage. It’s like one of those celebrity/ex player charity matches that get held at Old Trafford.

I’m just waiting on Olly Murs and the boy from Kasabian coming on as subs.

Or Mata and McTominay as they are also known .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom