Champions League Draw

CFC1

Oh alright then... I think it starts at 7.00pm. You'll be glad to hear it's been fixed so that we have to face either: Barcelona, AC milan, Real Madrid, Inter Milan or Valencia.....

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Oh that would be so so funny if they were.

Mourinho's been moaning away AGAIN about how unfair the draw is when he's acheived little in the Champions League with Chelsea. It's a European Competition with seedings generally based on performances in Europe - that's the way it should be. If Chelsea get to another 2 Semi-finals they're probably be seeded in the top pot & rightly so.

Group 1 Seeds

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Milan
Inter Milan
Liverpool
Arsenal
Manchester United
Valencia

Group 2 Seeds

Lyon
Porto
PSV Eindhoven
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Roma
Lille
Celtic

Group 3 Seeds

Sporting Lisbon
Benfica
Bordeaux
Steaua Bucharest
Werder Bremen
Olympiacos
CSKA Moscow
AEK Athens

Group 4 Seeds

Anderlecht
Dinamo Kiev
Levski Sofia
Shaktar Donetsk
Galatasaray
Hamburger SV
Spartak Moscow
FC Copenhagen

Barcelona, Benfica & Galatasary would be quite entertaining

CFC1

DJT75 said:
......If Chelsea get to another 2 Semi-finals they're probably be seeded in the top pot
Huh! :eek:

What more do we have to do?

WTF have Man Utd done in the last 5 years?

I reckon they should change the rules slightly, to take into account that we pee on Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal domestically, thereby relegating those 3 to pot 4 and replacing them with Hamburger SV, Shaktar Donetsk and FC Copenhagen! :smashin:

gosties

I also have the feeling that Chelsea will probably draw Barcelona. I just get the feeling that after their meetings the last two years that their still is unfinished business between them.

If they do meet I would have Barca as favourites as the additions of Thuram and Zambrotta will surely improve their back four. I just hope for a couple of good games and a little less needle between them.

CFC1

Gosties: In all seriousness, you could be right!
I would love the chance to play them again. However, I like the spiky needle this game has. It obviously went too far with the Hans Frisk episode, but the bad blood between Mourinho & Barcelona will always be there, until they apologise and stop calling him "Bobby Robsons Interpreter"

rio1981

CFC1 said:

I reckon they should change the rules slightly, to take into account that we pee on Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal domestically, thereby relegating those 3 to pot 4 and replacing them with Hamburger SV, Shaktar Donetsk and FC Copenhagen! :smashin:
:rotfl:

I think you'll find that Man Utd have probably represented us in the CL for a good few years more than your good selves mate, might have something to do with it?

Oh yeah, and they won it once too... :D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
CFC1 said:

Keep it up, 3 years of half decent Champs league performances, you need another 2.

CFC1 said:
It's not just the last 5 years & then cut of, it's the 5 years proceding the current years so it's constantly rolling.

Personally I think they should shut the door & only allow previous winners complete, those with the most European Cups are top seeds. Bring on Forest!!:D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
CFC1 said:
Mate...you're distressing me...Are you sure? :eek:
It must be or like you say, why are Utd in there? same with FIFA rankings, they never start & finish anywhere - they're constantly updated. UEFA only take the previous 5 years into consideration, not assess in 5 year blocks or everyone would be top seed every 5 years

chrisw

Porto have won it, and they're in pot 2 - You should be thankful you're not in Pot 3!!!

When Roman gets bored of Chelsea, you'll be lucky to be seeded in the FA Trophy or whatever it's called these days :D

My group of death:

Liverpool
Lyon or Bayern Munich
Benfica or Werder Bremen
Hamburger SV or Galatasaray

At least we can't be drawn with Chelsea again, not that it would matter, we wiped the floor with that group anyway.

My Group of Life:

Liverpool
Lille (Celtic are Conference level though).
Steaua Bucharest or AEK Athens
FC Copenhagen

My hunch prediction

Liverpool
Lyon
CSKA Moscow
Galatasaray

FruitBat

I must have missed some subtlety of the rules there.
When Chelsea came out, they had to go in Group A as that was the only valid option. But Lyon (pulled out later) get put into group E with Real Madrid.
Any reason why Chelsea couldn't go in group E?

Admitedly, I nodded off while that boring bloke was explaining the rules. I realise they wanted to avoid 2 clubs from the same country in a group.

FruitBat

monkeyleader said:
this is such a long drawn out process . .. surley just 8 hats .. 2 men ... and we could have it over in 10minutes ... too much pomp ! I hope they screw it up :)
It's a bit Eurovision innit.