Champions League 2020 / 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
“That’s not what I meant”

Great result for Chelsea - although Porto are the weakest team left and they have done superb to get this far. Comfortable home leg now for Tuchel.

Can PSG hold on to that lead at home? You would’ve thought so, same for Madrid away at Liverpool?

The tie closest in the balance is definitely City v Dortmund - let’s hope we can get over being scared and get a decent result out there.

Then looking forward to a PSG v City final, which can’t happen and I didn’t say it anyway.

His post did not mention anything about missing our first choice CB

So no, there is nothing in the water, you were just mistaken
I know. I didn’t say that anyway. Or didn’t mean it.

Ah, i see, proven wrong so now just going down that route...how sad

Carry on then, discussion and debate only when it suits :)

Ah, i see, proven wrong so now just going down that route...how sad

Carry on then, discussion and debate only when it suits :)
I’m happy to have a debate, as always. Let’s start one about how Madrid can beat Liverpool without their centre halves but Liverpool can’t beat Madrid without theirs.

Sorry, I didn’t say I wanted a debate now, you must be mistaken again :)

I’m happy to have a debate, as always. Let’s start one about how Madrid can beat Liverpool without their centre halves but Liverpool can’t beat Madrid without theirs.
Does this really need a debate anyway? Real are a better side than Liverpool and better equipped to deal with missing their first choice CBs.

There. Done

Does this really need a debate anyway? Real are a better side than Liverpool and better equipped to deal with missing their first choice CBs.

There. Done
So why’s that then? Is that down to better recruitment ? Squad management?

At the end of the day, Real do have a better squad than Liverpool. They are also having a better season. I don't think that Zidane is better than Klopp but he has better tools at his disposal. We've all said on here for the last few years that outside of Liverpools first 11 their squad isn't the best so when injuries hit they can't cope as well as some of the other clubs.

When Faizo said they couldn't beat Real with their CB pairing he wasn't saying anything controversial. There were a few Liverpool fans who still seemed confident despite their crap season but apparently beating a shit Arsenal side meant they were back or something

When Faizo said they couldn't beat Real with their CB pairing he wasn't saying anything controversial. There were a few Liverpool fans who still seemed confident despite their crap season but apparently beating a sh*t Arsenal side meant they were back or something
Did he say that? It's all got a little confusing.

I think most people would fancy a full strength Real to beat a full strength Liverpool (or a full strength anyone for that matter) over 2 legs. As Real have proven time and time again in the CL.

Liverpool fan's confidence was a little strange after the draw. But still all to play for and Liverpool have shown themselves able to overcome bigger CL defecits recently.

It was all a little naive from Liverpool conceding 3 goals when their strikers are struggling to score this season.

All of the above I would imagine. What do you think it is?
I think it’s because Liverpool had a long run without any injuries and didn’t take the opportunity to strengthen their squad whilst on top. A mistake a few teams have made in the past and it usually comes down to the manager‘s fault.

We've all said on here for the last few years that outside of Liverpools first 11 their squad isn't the best so when injuries hit they can't cope as well as some of the other clubs.
Really? Is that what youve ALL said??

OK, being pedantic then probably not the Liverpool fans but I think everybody else were
Not being pedantic being clear. The loudest voices in the summer transfer window thread were those insisting that the squad didnt need any additions.

Right that ones sorted. Shall we talk about City being scared against Dortmund?

Anyway, well done Pochettino for doing a number on Bayern last night. Game plan worked perfectly.

Despite PSG winning, Bayern still scare me. They're so dominant on the ball and to be fair if it wasn't for Navas I think they'd of won that game 8-3.

Up until Marquinhos going off PSG were doing well defensively - after that the tide turned. Not sure Bayern would have been so dominant in terms of chances created had he not got injured.

At the end of the day, Real do have a better squad than Liverpool. They are also having a better season. I don't think that Zidane is better than Klopp but he has better tools at his disposal. We've all said on here for the last few years that outside of Liverpools first 11 their squad isn't the best so when injuries hit they can't cope as well as some of the other clubs.

When Faizo said they couldn't beat Real with their CB pairing he wasn't saying anything controversial. There were a few Liverpool fans who still seemed confident despite their crap season but apparently beating a sh*t Arsenal side meant they were back or somethiing.
Liverpool used 24 players last season and run away with the title, you're talking nonsense about their squad.
That sh*t Arsenal team which won at Old Trafford.

Anyway - I’m off to the other thread where we can talk about the real battle of European heavyweights when we face Granada in the Europa tonight.

To plagiarise a joke from a mate of mine - the way we’ve been playing recently, hopefully Granada have got Lucy Meacock up front.

*disclaimer - you won’t get that if you’re not from the North West. So that’s most of you then.

toodle pip x

Liverpool used 24 players last season and run away with the title, you're talking nonsense about their squad.
That sh*t Arsenal team which won at Old Trafford.

Don’t think he’s said anything particularly controversial there, other than the outside of the first XI bit.

And Arsenal were absolutely pitiful the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom