Champions League 2020 / 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The famous Italian referee Colina when asked about the greatest moment of his career:
"It was the last two minutes, I saw the Bayern players on the bench preparing to celebrate the title, the fans were happy in the stadium with their team being crowned the Champions League title.
Suddenly, Manchester scored two goals in two minutes and reversed the score. I will never forget how the English side were bursting with great noise as if they were lions roaring, while there was funeral silence in the Bayern stands,
The man United players were celebrating their second goal hysterically when I saw a Bayern player completely hopelessly fall to the ground and he was feeling great disappointment. I approached him and found nothing to say to him except, “Get up and fight you still have twenty seconds!!.
At that moment, I saw the true face of football, death and life in one stadium, people celebrating madly and people desperate to death !! ”

The bitterness is strong today I see.

Incredible night. My final year of University - almost everyone a Utd fan that night. Loads of German students supporting Utd too. ABBs.

Bitterness - give it a rest, 2 posters said it was a jammy win, even Utd fans know you were outplayed that night and Bayern should have scored a few more.....but they didn't and you won fair and square with an unforgettable finish, ....the stuff of legend.

Bitterness - give it a rest, 2 posters said it was a jammy win, even Utd fans know you were outplayed that night and Bayern should have scored a few more.....but they didn't and you won fair and square with an unforgettable finish, ....the stuff of legend.

Utd edged it in pretty much every area. Especially the one that mattered - goals scored.

Nothing jammy or lucky about it.

I've got to say I even jumped up when Solskjaer scored ...... then remembered who and where I was. Who would have thought it could possibly have been topped just days later?

I've got to say I even jumped up when Solskjaer scored ...... then remembered who and where I was. Who would have thought it could possibly have been topped just days later?

My birthday. Agreed. It was an especially good one.

Utd edged it in pretty much every area. Especially the one that mattered - goals scored.

Nothing jammy or lucky about it.
On that post alone you have lost all credibility on commenting on a football game ever again ! :laugh:

Last edited:
On that post alone you have lost all credibility on commenting on a football game ever again !

Whether you score in the first or the last minute, there's nothing lucky about it. As long as they are legitimate goals. Bayern were absolutely fudgeed and Utd were already starting to run them ragged before Fergie brought on Teddy then Ole. Utd had scored in the last 10 mins on a huge number of occasions that season. It wasn't lucky.

Whether you score in the first or the last minute, there's nothing lucky about it. As long as they are legitimate goals. Bayern were absolutely fudgeed and Utd were already starting to run them ragged before Fergie brought on Teddy then Ole. Utd had scored in the last 10 mins on a huge number of occasions that season. It wasn't lucky.
Yep didn’t United knock Liverpool out of the FA cup in that same treble year ? Two late goals at Old Trafford ? Think Ole even got one himself didn’t he? Was that lucky too?

Yep didn’t United knock Liverpool out of the FA cup in that same treble year ? Two late goals at Old Trafford ? Think Ole even got one himself didn’t he? Was that lucky too?

I believe the term is, 'not vintage'.

Is it planned to have the usual CL format of home & away games for the rest of the competition or a "Super 8" format like last year's tournament?

Don’t think they’ve said. Last season was good fun as one off, but you can’t beat two legged knockouts

Is it planned to have the usual CL format of home & away games for the rest of the competition or a "Super 8" format like last year's tournament?
Home and away for the rest of the competition. Starting in February.

Watched that in Port Stanley, probably the jammiest CL win ever. But a wins a win.

hardly jammy, we were in a group with bayern, barcelona, and brondby, we drew away with both bayern and barcelona, we also then knocked out inter milan, and a zidane inspired juventus, we then took on bayern in the final and beat them, all this talk of jammy is ridiculous, we took on some of the best teams around and went on the win the CL, we were in the game from the word go it was just the goal we conceded knocked us back but great teams can come back and win.

it's hardly jammy is it............?

hardly jammy, we were in a group with bayern, barcelona, and brondby, we drew away with both bayern and barcelona, we also then knocked out inter milan, and a zidane inspired juventus, we then took on bayern in the final and beat them, all this talk of jammy is ridiculous, we took on some of the best teams around and went on the win the CL, we were in the game from the word go it was just the goal we conceded knocked us back but great teams can come back and win.

it's hardly jammy is it............?

Still jammy.

They way we're playing at home at the moment we should offer to play the 2nd leg somewhere else as well :D

A bye it is then.

It's the only fair way.

CL is back tonight. Liverpool handed the edge by having the first leg on neutral grounds.

Not looking forward to tonights game.

Not looking forward to tonights game.
Hopefully we have a good game and it can kick start a run of wins.

Also there's rumours of the second leg being played away from Anfield if that's true that'll give us an edge, as we're doing nothing there right now. 😂😂

Hopefully we have a good game and it can kick start a run of wins.

Also there's rumours of the second leg being played away from Anfield if that's true that'll give us an edge, as we're doing nothing there right now. 😂😂

With no fans I don't think it makes a huge difference right now anyway, especially when you look at the amount of away wins this season is way up on previous seasons.

Any difference is small under current circumstances.

May as well go all in on the CL anyway, nothing else to play for this season other than getting 4th. Which I'm confident we'll do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom