Champions League 2020 / 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
United are top of the group. The group containing Leipzig and Paris that have both been beaten by United already.

They are. But I'm not confident that we will qualify. And it's not just down to last night either. The capitulation against Spurs. The loss to Palace. Scraping past Brighton etc. 2 good performances from the first 8 or so games isn't really what you expect

If Leipzig beat PSG then you pretty much have, if PSG win tho it's all to play for.

It's also about the bigger picture with the problems at Utd. That's just papering over things. And beating likes of PSG and Leipzig in one way is part of the bigger picture and inconsistency.

They are. But I'm not confident that we will qualify. And it's not just down to last night either. The capitulation against Spurs. The loss to Palace. Scraping past Brighton etc. 2 good performances from the first 8 or so games isn't really what you expect

You're between a rock and a hard place with Ole. I don't think the board will touch him if you're still pushing top 4 and getting through the CL group.

You need a capitulation to force their hand, and I'm not sure you're terrible enough (yet) for that to happen.

I can see you still plodding along as things are for a while yet.

There was a couple of Utd fans on here who wanted 442 again, so only one man for the job in that case (NSFW)

i was one of them, i still want 4-4-2

just because nobody plays it anymore it doesn't mean it wouldn't work, but 2 good wingers are what makes it work and we don't have them at the moment.

When you have a midfield four of Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs you can play four there.

when you have a back four of Neville, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin that helps !!

4-4-2 is old school.

Ferdinand made a good point on this the other day when discussing how the role of attacking players these days - said that a few years ago Salah, Mane and Jota would all have played as wingers, now their role has changed and they’re forwards.

Ferdinand made a good point on this the other day when discussing how the role of attacking players these days - said that a few years ago Salah, Mane and Jota would all have played as wingers, now their role has changed and they’re forwards.
and the way they defend is outstanding

What about Bobby?

Last edited:
Can’t think of any ‘wingers’ off the top of my head. Ryan Fraser? Traore maybe?

Hudson Odoi, ziyech, Kingsley coman

Little Danny James! How could i forget?!

I’m thinking wingers in terms of what @jasong is wanting - someone to whip in crosses for the strikers. Traore does that obviously. Not sure about all the rest but I wouldn’t put Sane in that category.

Sane is a proper winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom