Champions League 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Liverpudlians here, are there likely to be any events in the city for the final? Like big screens, viewing parties etc?

I'm in town for the weekend as the UFC have an event on Sunday. Will have a Liverpool fan with me so it would be good to catch the game somewhere with some atmosphere.

Although I might have to slip away early to be sick if they win the thing...

I'd imagine it will be shown in anfield on the big screens mate. I was there last night with my son. Tickets only £10.

Wow, we’re in the Champions League final. Incredible when you think about it really.
It's incredible in the terms that getting to the final is a massive achievement regardless of how good you are (as City have shown), but surely with the team Liverpool have got and the style they play, getting to the final isn't a complete surprise? This isn't Leicester winning the League incredible, even if Liverpool win it.

It's incredible in the terms that getting to the final is a massive achievement regardless of how good you are (as City have shown), but surely with the team Liverpool have got and the style they play, getting to the final isn't a complete surprise? This isn't Leicester winning the League incredible, even if Liverpool win it.

Guess everyone would have their own definition of ‘incredible’. No this isn’t an achievement of Leicester proportions (can’t think of a word for that off the top of my head). But for Klopp to have moulded such a team, in such a short space of time and at the first time of asking, for me, yes, it is incredible. Particularly when you think of all the negative things that have been said about the team and some of the players - TAA, Lovren, the keepers, jibes about Milner, Henderson, Firmino etc. Just getting to the final is one thing, you’ve also got to think about the hammerings we’ve dished out too.

And Klopp too, some of the descriptions of him in the media and what we’ve had posted on here - he’s just a cheerleader, Liverpool’s Juande Ramos and a lot more. Yet this is his second European final in two goes.

So yes, incredible.

It's a crap achievement, a team third in the league who will probably finish fourth has gotten further than all the teams finishing above them in the league.

Klopp should hang his head in shame......

Guess everyone would have their own definition of ‘incredible’. No this isn’t an achievement of Leicester proportions (can’t think of a word for that off the top of my head). But for Klopp to have moulded such a team, in such a short space of time and at the first time of asking, for me, yes, it is incredible. Particularly when you think of all the negative things that have been said about the team and some of the players - TAA, Lovren, the keepers, jibes about Milner, Henderson, Firmino etc. Just getting to the final is one thing, you’ve also got to think about the hammerings we’ve dished out too.

And Klopp too, some of the descriptions of him in the media and what we’ve had posted on here - he’s just a cheerleader, Liverpool’s Juande Ramos and a lot more. Yet this is his second European final in two goes.

So yes, incredible.

Isn't this Klopp's third season? Is that the amount of time managers have got now to mould a team?

Not wanting to piss on your cornflakes, and as I've said - any team making the final is a great achievement - I just think people have very short memories and like getting carried away. City - best team England has ever seen. Liverpool getting to the final - incredible.

Utd made 3 CL finals in 4 years - whilst also winning the league 3 times - that team must have been pretty decent.

Anyway, I'm jealous - enjoy. I obviously hope Real win it, and they should, but Liverpool have got a fantastic chance at number 6.

Last edited:
Isn't this Klopp's third season? Is that the amount of time managers have got now to mould a team?

Not wanting to piss on your cornflakes, and as I've said - any team making the final is a great achievement - I just think people have very short memories and like getting carried away. City - best team England has ever seen. Liverpool getting to the final - incredible.

Utd made 3 CL finals in 4 years - whilst also winning the league 3 times - that team must have been pretty decent.

Anyway, I'm jealous - enjoy. I obviously hope Real win it, and they should, but Liverpool have got a fantastic chance at number 6.

In terms of ‘moulding’ the team I’d say, specifically for the CL, it’s really only been this season - last season was all about getting the team back into the competition, this season about doing well now we’re back in it.

In terms of ‘moulding’ the team I’d say, specifically for the CL, it’s really only been this season - last season was all about getting the team back into the competition, this season about doing well now we’re back in it.

It is an incredible achievement. He’s done this at the first time of asking, with a team shorn of one of its superstars halfway through a season and a team hit with so many injuries. Klopp deserves massive credit.

Just got everything crossed now that we don't pick up any injuries of our 1st team players, we are underdogs massively so we can't afford to be even less understrength

Just got everything crossed now that we don't pick up any injuries of our 1st team players, we are underdogs massively so we can't afford to be even less understrength

You aren't massive underdogs. Stop trying to convince yourself.

Of course we are they have made it 3 times in a row won it the last 2 times and have a better midfield and defence, also vast exerience, what more reasons do you need ? lol

How aren't we massive underdogs?

Madrid have won it three out of the last four and been in 4 out of 5 finals whereas we've not even been in the tournament for a few years and last in a final in 2007.

I'd say that is a massive underdog in anybodies eyes.

Also there squad is massive they didn't even play Bale against Bayern and missed Isco who will probably play against us

At CL level I'd suggest Qarabağ, Feyenoord and Maribor are underdogs.

Liverpool have the buying power to spend £75m on a single defender. That's hardly underdog status.

Real are favourites, Liverpool are hardly underdogs.

Are Chelsea underdogs against Utd in the FA Cup?

lol massive underdogs.

Right then. I'd say Real are the favourites but I don't view you as underdogs tbh.

How aren't we massive underdogs?

Madrid have won it three out of the last four and been in 4 out of 5 finals whereas we've not even been in the tournament for a few years and last in a final in 2007.

I'd say that is a massive underdog in anybodies eyes.

Let's see what the bookies say, but imo it's anyone's final.

Spurs made them look ordinary in the group stages, they were very fortunate to get past Juve, and Bayern were the better team over 2 legs but didn't take their chances.

Yes, they have a great record in this competition, but so have Liverpool.

Compared to Madrid and the way both teams have been over the past few seasons Liverpool are underdogs, nobody expected Liverpool to get to the final.

The bookies aren't going to give good odds for either team when it's only two teams left, so not sure what relevance the bookies would be tbh.

At CL level I'd suggest Qarabağ, Feyenoord and Maribor are underdogs.

Liverpool have the buying power to spend £75m on a single defender. That's hardly underdog status.

Real are favourites, Liverpool are hardly underdogs.

Are Chelsea underdogs against Utd in the FA Cup?
You have a team that struggles to beat teams in the relegation zone against Madrid who consistently win the trophy, I'd say that's an underdog. Liverpool are a Jekyll and Hyde team and nobody knows what team will turn up on the night. Also factor in the lack of squad depth if you don't include our first 11 and you'll see how sparse our team is.

The price of VVD is irrelevant to whether we are the underdog.

As for Chelsea being the underdog how could the current holders of the Premier league trophy be an underdog against United, that's just stupid........

Compared to Madrid and the way both teams have been over the past few seasons Liverpool are underdogs, nobody expected Liverpool to get to the final.

The bookies aren't going to give good odds for either team when it's only two teams left, so not sure what relevance the bookies would be tbh.
You're both distant thirds in your domestic leagues.

I said back when the competition started I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Utd, Liverpool, City or Spurs in the final / good chance of winning it.

Nobody expected Liverpool to get to the final? Not having that - you've done it a few times despite doing nothing in the league and if anything with Salah's form you had an even better shot this season.

Aren't Madrid are coming off their worst La Liga season for a long time whereas Liverpool have been in their best form for a few years? Surely that's a better indicator, plus their form in this years competition, compared to what either team were like 2,3 or 4 yrs ago.
It's a 1 off game now, and Madrid are slight favourites.

The bookies would class a massive underdog as 2/1 at best, just checked and you are 8/11. Slight underdogs, not massive.

As for Chelsea being the underdog how could the current holders of the Premier league trophy be an underdog against United, that's just stupid........

Haven't you won it 5 times? How can you be an underdog? Or is history irrelevant? In which case how is my Chelsea comment stupid?

(By the way, Chelsea are not the current holders.)

Haven't you won it 5 times? How can you be an underdog? Or is history irrelevent? In which case how is my Chelsea comment stupid.

(By the way, Chelsea are not the current holders.)

Have City been given the trophy?

And you're now comparing Chelsea winning the league last season to Liverpool winning the CL in 2005 [emoji23] [emoji23]

Winning the trophy in 2005 compared to Madrid winning it 3 out of the last 4 makes us the underdogs.

Liverpool have struggled a lot this season and imo we're the underdogs.

underdog
ˈʌndədɒɡ/
noun
  1. a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest.
    "we go into this game as the underdogs"

Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom