Champions League 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a dull moment supporting Liverpool. Rather a bad game now than the final.

I still don't like losing but we're there and I hope we have a go at Madrid, none of this cagey, respectful nonsense.

Need to get top 4 secured first can't be risking that in the final, we will have to beat Brighton last day if Chelsea do us

We will beat Brighton. Chelsea need to beat us to stand a chance of top 4.

Need a better keeper than Karius next season. He’s awful and if anything, he could be the weak link in the final. If I were Madrid, I’d be pot shotting from distance and launching it in the air. His handling at shots leaves a lot to be desired. What was he thinking pushing the ball out to Dzeko?

We will beat Brighton. Chelsea need to beat us to stand a chance of top 4.

Need a better keeper than Karius next season. He’s awful and if anything, he could be the weak link in the final. If I were Madrid, I’d be pot shotting from distance and launching it in the air. His handling at shots leaves a lot to be desired. What was he thinking pushing the ball out to Dzeko?
Like Stoke and West Brom yeah lol ?!
Seriously though I doubt the players will go 100% as fear of picking up injuries to play in the final, I don't mean to sound negative but it's not cut and dry and in a way Brighton may turn out to be just as important as a CL final mate.

Like Stoke and West Brom yeah lol ?!
Seriously though I doubt the players will go 100% as fear of picking up injuries to play in the final, I don't mean to sound negative but it's not cut and dry and in a way Brighton may turn out to be just as important as a CL final mate.

You’ve got to add context to those games- sandwiched in between this two legged game, the amount of exertion it takes out of a stretched squad told in those games.

Agreed,Karius is a poor keeper and a massive weak link.hes no better than Mignolet.was awful tonight,no presence at all.

eed a better keeper than Karius next season. He’s awful and if anything, he could be the weak link in the final. If I were Madrid, I’d be pot shotting from distance and launching it in the air. His handling at shots leaves a lot to be desired. What was he thinking pushing the ball out to Dzeko?

On the plus side, Navas is also a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Madrid’s left back is it Marcello? Will rip that young lad apart at right back, Klopp needs to protect him.
He had a bad night but he did well in two games against your man Sane who i think is a great player.

We were shit tonight but not helped by freak own goal, and ridiculous penalty decision against Klavan. I don’t we’re ever getting a pen of our own ever again.

he saved Madrid last night.

A couple of decent saves but also poor finishing/in the final third from Bayern, not to mention a clanger of clangers from Munich’s Keeper.

A couple of decent saves but also poor finishing/in the final third from Bayern, not to mention a clanger of clangers from Munich’s Keeper.
could you see Karius flying out amongst a forest of big Munich attackers like Navas was last night? no chance.

Hope this ref doesn't get the final, we've played 4 lost 4 with him in charge.

could you see Karius flying out amongst a forest of big Munich attackers like Navas was last night? no chance.

Yeah I’m not his biggest fan either - the front 3 will have to be on it or Starlord’s dad will have a field day.

Wow, we’re in the Champions League final. Incredible when you think about it really.

Slightly dodgy second half, but who cares - the hard work was already done by then. For me criticism of any of the players can wait for another day - they’re heroes all of them.

And of course, well done Jurgen. Not doing too bad for a cheerleader is he?

For the Liverpudlians here, are there likely to be any events in the city for the final? Like big screens, viewing parties etc?

I'm in town for the weekend as the UFC have an event on Sunday. Will have a Liverpool fan with me so it would be good to catch the game somewhere with some atmosphere.

Although I might have to slip away early to be sick if they win the thing...

Europa league final got shown at Echo Arena and I imagine it'll be on at Anfield

I know he's knocking on but wouldn't mind Dzeko at Anfield.awesome forward,always liked him.City got rid too early.

I know he's knocking on but wouldn't mind Dzeko at Anfield.awesome forward,always liked him.City got rid too early.

Wow, we’re in the Champions League final. Incredible when you think about it really.

Slightly dodgy second half, but who cares - the hard work was already done by then. For me criticism of any of the players can wait for another day - they’re heroes all of them.

And of course, well done Jurgen. Not doing too bad for a cheerleader is he?

Agreed.

I would never have believed you if you'd told me this last August.

We are still a work in progress as we still don't have a strong, settled Centre Back pairing, a defensive holding midfielder nor a keeper who inspires much confidence. And yes, Real are still good going forward but not so great defensively. And yes, they gave us a footballing lesson when we last played them, but we are a very different team now.

On our day we can beat anybody. We're certainly far more entertaining than many. I would love to win the European Cup again, especially after the disappointments of losing both the League Cup and Europa League finals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom