Champions League 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildkarrde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of you won't care or even know it's up and running but for us trying to get to the land of Milk & Honey we're well under way!

We (Celtic) go to Norway tonight looking for a result after a 0-0 draw at home last week. It was a poor performance by all accounts and being quite honest, should have lost the first leg.
Playing no striker really hampered us even with the attacking prowess he have.

Thumping Sunderland would have installed a good belief in the team and having Griffiths back certainly gives us an edge. We can score goals and have a sound defence so i'm going for a 2-0 victory tonight to move us closer to the promised land.

COYBIG!

Phew, job done!

Not the prettiest game nor the best game but i'll take it. 4 games played competitively before our actual season begins so i'm taking any result.
Should have had 3, possibly 4 so i'm heartened by that especially away from home.

It's pretty clear that we need a couple of new faces in for the next round. We face either -

Qarabag
Astana
Beer Sheva
Slavia Prague
Reijka

I'll take any of them but prefer the last 2 purely for travelling purposes. So another step taken and 2 games away from the riches and spoils of the CL.

COYBIG!

Hoffenheim then for Liverpool, second leg at home.

What happens if fail to get past these games. Europa ?

What happens if fail to get past these games. Europa ?

There's confidence for you :laugh:

Yes, EL action.

Astana for us, not the ideal draw either as home 1st. We beat them last year so hopefully can do so again.

£25 for my Hoffenheim ticket. Granted only a qualifier but that's not bad at all imo.

Hopefully celtic get knocked out they are embarrassing Scotland with all this ira nonsense

Hoffenheim have apparently got the best set-piece record in Europe as in scoring the most goals last season....oh fudgeing hell Europa league here we come...grim times !!!

Hopefully celtic get knocked out they are embarrassing Scotland with all this ira nonsense

Are you lost my friend? This is the CL thread not something you've had the pleasure of experiencing so understand you wanting to post such a wonderful comment :)

Are you lost my friend? This is the CL thread not something you've had the pleasure of experiencing so understand you wanting to post such a wonderful comment :)

We were 90 mins away from the final son something you lot will never do.

Has the Europa League pre qualifiers changed then? I wasn't aware that if you won the Pre Qualifier you went straight into the final, learn something new everyday it would seem :thumbsup:

£25 for my Hoffenheim ticket. Granted only a qualifier but that's not bad at all imo.

£33 for non ST holders for us. However check out the pricing for the away leg -

6 categories of tickets will be on offer and the ticket prices will vary from KZT1000 to KZT6000 ($3 to $18).

Now who's being poked??!

Has the Europa League pre qualifiers changed then? I wasn't aware that if you won the Pre Qualifier you went straight into the final, learn something new everyday it would seem :thumbsup:

When Smith took over from Graeme Souness as Rangers boss in April 1991 his subsequent seven-year tenure was every bit the rollercoaster of recent years.

Famously, he led Rangers to within 90 minutes of the Champions League final in season 1992/93, its first year after its rebranding, a campaign marked by no losses in 10 games against teams such as Leeds United, CSKA Moscow and Marseille.

Your a mod and do not even know your football history ha ha
Bet you do not even know celtic hate everything English/Brittish thats why they sing the Lee Rigby song.

When Smith took over from Graeme Souness as Rangers boss in April 1991 his subsequent seven-year tenure was every bit the rollercoaster of recent years.

Famously, he led Rangers to within 90 minutes of the Champions League final in season 1992/93, its first year after its rebranding, a campaign marked by no losses in 10 games against teams such as Leeds United, CSKA Moscow and Marseille.

Bet you do not even know celtic hate everything English/Brittish thats why they sing the Lee Rigby song.

Ahhh, i've been mistaken. You're talking about the club formerly known as Rangers (RIP 2012) and not The Rangers currently masquerading as the former (Rangers RIP 2012) whom fell at the very first hurdle against the 4th best team in Luxembourg in the EL (hence my confusion at you posting in the CL thread).

Seeing as we're now on the same page then i'll remind you of this -

upload_2017-8-15_16-13-20.jpeg

We haven't 'famously' made the Semi final, we won the Big Cup. Now it may not rank up there with the Petrofac cup for your new team but others recognise it :cool:

I did think it a bit strange when he said "we've been 90 minutes away from the final, something you've never done" ..........

I did think it a bit strange when he said "we've been 90 minutes away from the final, something you've never done" ..........

Glad to see not lost on others, the irony of his post above :laugh:

Ahhh, i've been mistaken. You're talking about the club formerly known as Rangers (RIP 2012) and not The Rangers currently masquerading as the former (Rangers RIP 2012) whom fell at the very first hurdle against the 4th best team in Luxembourg in the EL (hence my confusion at you posting in the CL thread).

Seeing as we're now on the same page then i'll remind you of this -

View attachment 898447

We haven't 'famously' made the Semi final, we won the Big Cup. Now it may not rank up there with the Petrofac cup for your new team but others recognise it :cool:

celtic have never won the champions league FACT
they won a defunct part time European cup FACT.
*** i bet you are a typical armchair fan ha ha

So then, we have to at least score 1 away goal tonight to have any chance of progression imo, the same back 4 again it's very worrying and our new LB not in the squad again what was the point in signing him

Nothing like a bit of positivity to start the night off, eh!

Owen Hargreaves...... Fantastic :(

celtic have never won the champions league FACT
they won a defunct part time European cup FACT.
*** i bet you are a typical armchair fan ha ha
Lol what a stupid post, I suppose ALL European cups don't count now that the Champions League was formed :facepalm:

Nothing like a bit of positivity to start the night off, eh!
Lol, it's usually me with the negativity [emoji1] [emoji1]

FB_IMG_1502806323606.jpg

Absolute tools just shoot the whole back 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom