Champions League 19/20

Risky appointment since they wanted CL glory while they have Ronaldo, but good luck to him.

Lionel Messi, quality Saturday night entertainment

Barca v Bayern is gonna be a cracker

I genuinely think I would make a better defender than all those pretending to be at Chelsea :mad:

Once again our attacking is good. Making plenty chances against Bayern. But such easy goals we give away.

Although we will bring better defensive players in, I worry of Lampard will be to organise them a la Wenger

I genuinely think I would make a better defender than all those pretending to be at Chelsea :mad:

Once again our attacking is good. Making plenty chances against Bayern. But such easy goals we give away.

Although we will bring better defensive players in, I worry of Lampard will be to organise them a la Wenger

I've said before on here the defensive issues that are at Chelsea are the same that were at Derby, is it the players or is it Lampard?

He is no doubt good going one way, but defensively he still has a lot of answers to find, and I think he has been given a bit of an easy ride with regards to that from the press apart from a few outspoken persons.

Robert Lewandowski was directly involved in all seven of Bayern Munich's goals against Chelsea in the Champions League this season (three goals, four assists).

He is the first player to register both 3+ goals and assists against an opponent in a season since Luis Figo in 2004/05 vs Roma.

What a player.

Surely woulda won Ballon D'or this season if it went ahead.

What did everyone think of Koulibaly?

I've said before on here the defensive issues that are at Chelsea are the same that were at Derby, is it the players or is it Lampard?

He is no doubt good going one way, but defensively he still has a lot of answers to find, and I think he has been given a bit of an easy ride with regards to that from the press apart from a few outspoken persons.
same defenders and gk that sarri had who conceded 39 league goals last season oh and hes also had tomori and james to select from on top

Hate to say it!
But Lampard might have been a great player once, just not the right Chelsea Manager they need to win Trophies for now or ever.The way Chelsea slipped-up at the FA Cup Final,scoring 1st and looking promising and then letting their guard down... with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scoring twice,and a Chelsea player being sent off,was truly shocking to me.

(Just to add... I believe Chelsea went into tonight UCL game with a defeatist attitude knowing they were out before the start of kick-off.)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Only City left in the Champions League and so the whole nation will be behind us, just like in the gold old days.

I always remember football shows saying things like that in the past. “The whole of Manchester will be supporting United” and so on ......... except BT sport on Friday who, with Steve McManaman to the fore, were discussing ways that Madrid could get back into the game.

Do you think on Spanish TV, they were saying the same ???

I suspect Spanish TV were saying how terrible Madrid were.

I always remember football shows saying things like that in the past. “The whole of Manchester will be supporting United” and so on ......... except BT sport on Friday who, with Steve McManaman to the fore, were discussing ways that Madrid could get back into the game.

Do you think on Spanish TV, they were saying the same ???
The British press take far more pleasure in English clubs failing than succeeding. With a few exceptions.

I suspect Spanish TV were saying how terrible Madrid were.
Haha of course. Their league champions. How many times have they won this recently? Never lost a knockout game Zidane.

City’s pressing all over the pitch was incredible and forced mistake after mistake.

I wouldn't take any pleasure in seeing City win the CL except that it would make my City mates happy. But it would speak volumes for the strength of the PL if English clubs could dominate the European competitions two years running.

City deserved the win, no doubt, and had extra gears to go into.

But Madrid were slow and awful, I really thought they would play some quick counter attacks against a team who weren't defending deep, but there was no urgency at all when they had the ball. Really disappointed in the way they played.

Then he took of there most dangerous player when Hazard shoulda gone.

Since Ronaldo left Madrid have been naff in Europe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom