Champions League 19/20

Do you think the Sheikh's have been chucking a few quid towards CAS officials, since the hearing. You know just for good measure.:D
No. That's what UEFA have been found guilty of haven't they? Where is Michel Platini amongst all this, you know, the introducer of "Financial Fair Play"???

No. That's what UEFA have been found guilty of haven't they? Where is Michel Platini amongst all this, you know, the introducer of "Financial Fair Play"???
Yep, you would like to think there is no corruption anymore from top to bottom, but you would have to be naive to think that.

Obviously the verdict can go one way or another.

UEFA haven't really handled this very well IMO as they announced what they were going to do before the investigation started.

City were really quite dogged in their defence. Not admitting liability (like some on here have said without then following it up) but rather disputing the claims made by UEFA in the strongest terms.

Will be interesting.

My gut view is that CAS will find in favour of City and then FFP will need a radical overhaul as it can not carry on in its current guise.

Another point mentioned on here was that "City were OK with it until recently". This has never been the case. City are one of the loudest critics of UEFA and FFP, always have been and that's maybe we are where we are instead of one or two of the other clubs that are in bed with UEFA.

Well it's clear City can't take a reduced ban, it's either full acquittal or the two years. To do so would be an admission of guilt and then make the fact they never issued an apology look very bad indeed.

In reference to the last point above, I think it was Maverick who was alluding to the fact City has all kinds of evidence they are sitting on, which again makes them look very bad if that's the case.

As it's their duty to present this evidence, not to keep it quiet and use it as some kind of bargaining chip for when the time arose.

That undeniably makes them look complicit in being happy to flout the rules until whenever it was they were found out.

And that is without any foundation whatsoever.

Which part? If it's the last bit then we'll find out soon enough anyway.

(Plus I'm only saying what Maverick was pointing out when he was defending the club). I'm not a City fan, so I listen to those here that are.

Probably best we wait for the verdict now anyhow.

How do you think the appeal will go? What's the feeling amongst the City fans?
Mixed feelings at first I thought we would smash them but the closer we get the typical/cynical city comes out in me, uefa are as corrupt as they come im just hoping CAS truely are independent and we win. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the amount of opposition fans actually don’t know what we are even been accused of and it’s dodgy transfers etc, when you enlighten them they havent clue. Apparently the decision had been delayed until Monday after the draw when it was supposed to be on the same day, maybe a good sign who knows, the feeling that’s coming out the club apparently is that they already know.

Well it's clear City can't take a reduced ban, it's either full acquittal or the two years. To do so would be an admission of guilt and then make the fact they never issued an apology look very bad indeed.

In reference to the last point above, I think it was Maverick who was alluding to the fact City has all kinds of evidence they are sitting on, which again makes them look very bad if that's the case.

As it's their duty to present this evidence, not to keep it quiet and use it as some kind of bargaining chip for when the time arose.

That undeniably makes them look complicit in being happy to flout the rules until whenever it was they were found out.
I don’t think it’s a bargaining chip I think it’s people in glass houses, even Pep had a dig at Barcelona in his press conference a few months back alluding to the fact that no one is whiter than white. If City were to feel aggrieved why not put things out there maybe it’s the collusion between certain parties to witch hunt City, Bayern and the Spanish la Liga come to mind.

You’re a conspiracy theorist Mav !!

I must admit when I heard Pep talk this week I sensed a good outcome. I’m hoping for the best.

Interesting that Pep appears to have gone 'all in' with the club. Wouldn't have expected anything less I suppose...Win / Win for him.

Interesting that Pep appears to have gone 'all in' with the club. Wouldn't have expected anything less I suppose...Win / Win for him.
I also think he’s getting tired of answering the same question over and over !!

You’re a conspiracy theorist Mav !!

I must admit when I heard Pep talk this week I sensed a good outcome. I’m hoping for the best.
Me, never, just going off all the stuff which has been said by certain parties ever since this FFP thing reared it’s head, and I saw a UFO once :p

Anybody want to check where the second leg of the City v Madrid game is going to be played ?

I’m just reading back through this thread now.

Unless we get through

Manchester City have been informed of the verdict by CAS. They are now preparing a legally checked statement ahead of the announcement on Monday.

Friday - the draw for the quarter finals and semi finals of the CL held today!

Manchester City have been informed of the verdict by CAS. They are now preparing a legally checked statement ahead of the announcement on Monday.

Friday - the draw for the quarter finals and semi finals of the CL held today!
That will get leaked out somehow by Monday surely.

Draw for the quarter finals

1.City or Madrid v Lyon or Juventus
2. RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid

3. Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich
4. Atalanta v PSG

Semi finals

1 v 3
2 v 4

One of Leipzig, Atletico, Atalanta or PSG is going to be in the final. They’ll be happy with that !!

The other side of the draw will see only one team from City, Madrid, Lyon, Juventus, Napoli, Barca, Chelsea and Bayern.

Last edited:
Whoever gets to the final from 1 v 3 will have fully deserved it. That’s a bloody tough path.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom