Champions League 19/20

Theseus

Is it nous? Or just that little bit of luck on the night?

I'd suggest the latter.

Sometimes you make your own luck. Some questionable selections and subs by Tuchel. Neuer was outstanding, but at this level one of those very good PSG chances has to be taken. But Tuchel didn't do anything to change that.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
This is going to read like being on the guy's back but Neymar needed to release the ball more often rather than try to dribble through the team. Great outlet with the pace and skill but then allowed Bayern to regain possession. And yes the team did not have their shooting boots on.

I agree.

I also didn't think the game was cagey like lots seemingly did, there was certainly a lack of a final ball but I didn't think it was cagey.

Lots of foreplay with a lack of penetration really.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
I agree.

I also didn't think the game was cagey like lots seemingly did, there was certainly a lack of a final ball but I didn't think it was cagey.

Lots of foreplay with a lack of penetration really.
Put another way it was a dull watch very Liverpool v Tottenham esq.. promised much but never delivered as Frankie Howard would say.

richp007

Distinguished Member
This is going to read like being on the guy's back but Neymar needed to release the ball more often rather than try to dribble through the team. Great outlet with the pace and skill but then allowed Bayern to regain possession. And yes the team did not have their shooting boots on.

I said it above somewhere, he's a ball greedy sod and thinks he is a one man army at times. Cost PSG last night in my opinion.

I'm also gonna attract a lot of flame for this but I can take it.... :laugh:

He's overrated.

Now that doesn't mean he's rubbish. And he's got some lovely tricks in his locker. But generally I've never thought he was all that, and not in the same league as Messi or Ronaldo (which you sometimes see touted). Not even close.

He could have been, but I think his mentality has always been the major problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom