challenge: Panny plasma recording and watching

M

markbuffyfan

I have a dilema

I currently use my dmr e 30 (wonderful dvd rec) as my tuner for the panel on the Svhs input to the panel. On the e30, aux 1 is the ntl box for recording. aux 2 is a manhattan digital sat box with magic cam.The pc connection is taken up with the aid of a syncblaster cable for the NTL box component input is tasken up by the denon 3800.

This means because of the available screen inputs i cannot record off cable (aux 1) and watch a terrestrial channel. Any solutions please ???? .If someone reccomends the panny plasma tuner anyone no of a source my older 50 series 4 (better i think) does not take the new series 5 tuner and i cant see a source anywhere any help appreciated preferably without the panny tuner option.

You could buy a switch box for scart RGB assuming the manhatton does rgb and watch that whilst recording Sky with the recorder. Or get a cheap svhs and use it as a terrestrial tuner or pass through for digi manhatton and/or dvdr terrestrial using the svhs out to the panel.

dont think this works because the manhattan is rgb but has to be switched to the av input to record thats fixed on the svhs.I know im going to have to get another tuer but its how do i break that into the plasma connections thats the issue , thanks for a good try though

What about using more of the denons switchings? route componet inot the dennon and out to the plasma same with S-video, a £99 freeveiw box is the cheapest way to go if you get the signal I cant think but am sure a couple do S-Vid, possibly over scart, then feed the plasma with tho ouput from the denon.
PS it would help if you could list the connections you use and in what order,
E.G.
NTL>DMR>Plasma component
PC>Plasma VGA
etc etc

mm interesting here is the additional info.

svhs input fed from denon monitor output fed from svhs output on panny e 30.
syncblaster rgb to vga lead direct to plasma 2nd output to panny e 30 to record

component out to concertors to screen component inputs

ta

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom