1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chair suggestions please?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Tenex, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    I'm looking for a desk/office chair as I spend so much time reading these fora and staring at my monitor but I'd like a really tall one so that I can comfortably take in a DVD as well :) .

The type I had in mind are the ones you see in the situation room of the current series of "24" (sorry don't have a photo) that is they are tall but have head/neck support. Would like it to recline a little.

Anyone seen anything suitable or have suggestions on where to look (Ikea's out done that)?

Oh and I'd like it for a little £££ as poss :lease:

2. gdunbar

gdunbar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I bought the Orwell leather chair from Office World for the PC - very comfy, has a tall back, and also padded leather on the armrests. Reclines as well so you can lean back when watching DVD's on the PC. Hope the link works-

http://www.office-world.co.uk/livp/...ubmenu=1/wwcatg=020001002001/wwsearch=findall

Even though the price shows as £170 online, I bought mine in store and it was about £105 IIRC. I picked mine up from the local store so perhaps that is why the price was different. Tried out all the leather chairs Office World had to offer(up to a cost of about £200), and this was the only one that I felt I could sit in for a good legth of time. Some of their chairs look very nice, but I would recommend you try any chair out before buying - I was amazed at how many different chairs I sat on and they were not comfy at all!

Cheers

Gavin