Chair help!

Lostower

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first off I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm new round here and still getting used to things haha.

To start thing off, I'm looking for an office/pc/gaming chair. My budget is roughly £350, but for the right chair I could probably be a bit flexible with it.

I'm a big lad. I'm 6'4" and would guess in the region of 22st / 140kg / 310lbs, but it's been a while. I struggle to find a chair that doesn't go all floppy after a few months of use. Struts lose power and the fabric just loses form.

I'm looking for something durable, on wheels/ easily movable, high back support and will withstand my stature. Oh, i almost forgot to mention some form of arm rests, and also something not too big, as it still needs to slide under a desk.

The usual shops for this sort of stuff in the UK are closed, so I can't even test any.

I'm in my chair all day as I work from home. I eat in my chair and also play games in it. In short, i'm in it all day long, so I'm happy to pay a bit more, for a product that will help my back long term.

Peace out
Jacob

I had an email from AWD yesterday advertising this chair, looks decent but have no experience actually using one

these have a sale on at the moment my brother has one and it’s very good.

these have a sale on at the moment my brother has one and it’s very good.
I've got two Secretlab Titan SoftWeave chairs. They are good, and they do an XL model too that's recommended for taller or heavier people.

The cookies and cream one is much nicer than the black one, the fabric is actually soft whereas the black is more wirey. The padding also seems to be different densities. The Cookies and Cream one is softer.

The arms are fairly hard too so I used to get sore elbows, but I haven't noticed in a while.

I was really happy with the first, less so with the second (Black SoftWeave), but they are both still great chairs overall. They look smart and are comfy enough for all day use.

I've got two Secretlab Titan SoftWeave chairs. They are good, and they do an XL model too that's recommended for taller or heavier people.

The cookies and cream one is much nicer than the black one, the fabric is actually soft whereas the black is more wirey. The padding also seems to be different densities. The Cookies and Cream one is softer.

The arms are fairly hard too so I used to get sore elbows, but I haven't noticed in a while.

I was really happy with the first, less so with the second (Black SoftWeave), but they are both still great chairs overall. They look smart and are comfy enough for all day use.
Thinking of getting a world of Warcraft one, but don’t know if I need omega or Titan, going to have to try my brothers to see if the Titan would be too big as it’s replacing a dx racer which has been brilliant, handing that to my 8 year old.

I have an Autonomous Kinn Chair and a bad back, I find it much better than my old gaming chair, I think ergonomic office type chairs are better for my back and also the covering is mesh, so much more breathable in the hot months than cloth or PU Leather. :) But I think Kinn stands for F**Kinn hard for one person to assemble :D

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your replies, it means a lot!

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I now officially have a new chair!

Unfortunately my other half randomly put on furlough after working for months during covid, and our car had broken down too so my budget had to be reduced to around £200.

So the secret labs chair looks amazing. I've trawled through reddit and other forums and it seems they're #1 recommended, but unfortunately my budget took a hit at this point as i mentioned above so its out of bounds for now at least. :(

I recently visited a family member and got onto the topic of office chairs, they recommended the Ikea Markus chair and found this to be a really nice chair - even for a heavier set guy like myself.

I was originally a bit wary of the false leather on the seat area and also had my eyes set on a Corsair T1 gaming chair (similar style to the noble @heathen666 mentioned) but after the budget change (and after having tried the Ikea chair) I changed my mind.

Ultimately the Ikea chair is way more sturdy than i thought, and i don't think the T1 would have suited my size or posture. It set me back only £180 or so and wow, if you struggle with heat in the summer, the mesh is very breathable.

I'm super happy with the decision as the faux leather actually feels like very good quality compared to other imitation leather i've come across in the past. I later saw the Corsair is rocking faux leather also... bullet dodged - maybe.

Maybe had I been able to try the T1 out, the outcome might had been different, but having tried the Ikea chair in person and knowing 100% that it would help was the main decision in buying.

Thanks again all for your help
Jacob

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your replies, it means a lot!

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I now officially have a new chair!

Unfortunately my other half randomly put on furlough after working for months during covid, and our car had broken down too so my budget had to be reduced to around £200.

So the secret labs chair looks amazing. I've trawled through reddit and other forums and it seems they're #1 recommended, but unfortunately my budget took a hit at this point as i mentioned above so its out of bounds for now at least. :(

I recently visited a family member and got onto the topic of office chairs, they recommended the Ikea Markus chair and found this to be a really nice chair - even for a heavier set guy like myself.

I was originally a bit wary of the false leather on the seat area and also had my eyes set on a Corsair T1 gaming chair (similar style to the noble @heathen666 mentioned) but after the budget change (and after having tried the Ikea chair) I changed my mind.

Ultimately the Ikea chair is way more sturdy than i thought, and i don't think the T1 would have suited my size or posture. It set me back only £180 or so and wow, if you struggle with heat in the summer, the mesh is very breathable.

I'm super happy with the decision as the faux leather actually feels like very good quality compared to other imitation leather i've come across in the past. I later saw the Corsair is rocking faux leather also... bullet dodged - maybe.

Maybe had I been able to try the T1 out, the outcome might had been different, but having tried the Ikea chair in person and knowing 100% that it would help was the main decision in buying.

Thanks again all for your help
Jacob
The IKEA chair is a really good choice. I've had one for about 10 years, I took it to the office a year or so before I started working from home. Then when lockdown hit I bought the first Secretlab Titan.

If I hadn't taken the IKEA one to the office, I would still be using it now.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom