CGI ET abomination!

gargoyle

Established Member
Reaction score
I'v just seen the trailer for the re-cgi'd version of ET and I have to admit that what little I saw had me worried big time- remember the sequence when he's being chased by the FBI after landing?origionally, et was mounted on a trolley which admittedly looked pretty crappy, now we have a cgi'd et bounding along like a rabbit!
There are quite a few close up facial cgi's which add nothing new as carlo rambaldi's mechanical et worked beautifully and the biggie is that the threatening guns of the fbi at the end of the film have now been replaced with walkie talkies!
I may be alone on this one , but I'm beginning to tire of these classic films being re-jigged - you only have to think about instances like in Star wars (cgi) where greedo now shoots first(and misses!) and Han solo is now less of the bad guy as he's now seen responding to the threat.
I'v also realised why classics like 'raiders',back to the future etc are being delayed- they'r almost certainly gettting cleaned up and re-edited for 'todays' audience- when raiders finally does hit the shelf,what s the betting that indy DOES'NT shoot the swordsman first?

Couldn't care less about ET as I thought it was one of the worest films I've ever seen.

As for Raiders - here's hopeing that it doesn't get rejigged. Only bit I have a problem with in Raiders is the bit on the sub!
How does Indy survive when the sub goes under ?
I'd be nice if they show him going into a hatch or something then I wouldn't worry about him drowning :)

Originally posted by gargoyle
what s the betting that indy DOES'NT shoot the swordsman first?

No, he'll probably point out the error of the bad guy's ways and convince him to join a mission helping the poor hungry babies.
It's bloody pathetic, isn't it?!
Greedo shooting first and missing at point blank range is the most idiotic stupic thing ever and certainly an indication that Lucas had completely lost the plot. (Which he didn't find in time for Phantom Menace).

Well I for one am quite looking forward to seeing Lucas send Darth Vader to anger management classes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom