Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - But now it is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I already knew it

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

aligamer

Standard Member
I didn't realise that, i thought it could only store images/movies only until copied a few differerent PC files over!

This is really useful cos i was thinking of getting one of those 1GB USB flash key drives (tiny things) but now i know that CF card can take any files as well it saves me some moneys!!!

:clap:

MarkE19

I can't believe the prices they charge for the USB flash key drives. Its so much cheaper to just get CF card reader and a 'few' CF/Microdrive cards.
I've also just got a HDD MP3 player with a 20Gb drive (similar to an iPod) that can also be used to transfer files between PC's via USB.

Mark.

[email protected]

There is actually a lot or work going on with solid state drives at the moment from the big players.

Whilst the end result may not be in the CF format, I expect we will start seeing large format drives very soon which will be quicker and more reliable than current hard disk technology.

The best thing I have seen this year though was a device that held 5 CF cards and then allowed you to set up RAID 5 across them and let windows see them as a single volume (just like you would with normal drives) except that this thing would fit in the palm of your hand.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom