1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CF cards can be used as HD!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by aligamer, Feb 22, 2004.

?
  1. Yes - I've learnt something new!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - That's cool!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - But now it is!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - I already knew it

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aligamer

aligamer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't realise that, i thought it could only store images/movies only until copied a few differerent PC files over!

This is really useful cos i was thinking of getting one of those 1GB USB flash key drives (tiny things) but now i know that CF card can take any files as well it saves me some moneys!!!

:clap:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I can't believe the prices they charge for the USB flash key drives. Its so much cheaper to just get CF card reader and a 'few' CF/Microdrive cards.
    I've also just got a HDD MP3 player with a 20Gb drive (similar to an iPod) that can also be used to transfer files between PC's via USB.

Mark.

3. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    There is actually a lot or work going on with solid state drives at the moment from the big players.

Whilst the end result may not be in the CF format, I expect we will start seeing large format drives very soon which will be quicker and more reliable than current hard disk technology.

The best thing I have seen this year though was a device that held 5 CF cards and then allowed you to set up RAID 5 across them and let windows see them as a single volume (just like you would with normal drives) except that this thing would fit in the palm of your hand.