Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - But now it is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I already knew it

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

aligamer

Standard Member
I didn't realise that, i thought it could only store images/movies only until copied a few differerent PC files over!

This is really useful cos i was thinking of getting one of those 1GB USB flash key drives (tiny things) but now i know that CF card can take any files as well it saves me some moneys!!!

:clap:

MarkE19

I can't believe the prices they charge for the USB flash key drives. Its so much cheaper to just get CF card reader and a 'few' CF/Microdrive cards.
I've also just got a HDD MP3 player with a 20Gb drive (similar to an iPod) that can also be used to transfer files between PC's via USB.

Mark.

[email protected]

There is actually a lot or work going on with solid state drives at the moment from the big players.

Whilst the end result may not be in the CF format, I expect we will start seeing large format drives very soon which will be quicker and more reliable than current hard disk technology.

The best thing I have seen this year though was a device that held 5 CF cards and then allowed you to set up RAID 5 across them and let windows see them as a single volume (just like you would with normal drives) except that this thing would fit in the palm of your hand.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom