CeX - The Entertainment Exchange

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rookies, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Not too sure if I am allowed to post it but could not see anything..

Have anyone took anything to sell into a CEX store if so how long does it take them to test the items before handing over cash do you have to leave it there for a few days?

2. MarVell

MarVell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've taken lots of stuff to CEX before, games they take straight away, consoles, you usually have to leave them with them for a couple of hours for testing.

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    As already mentioned software they take straight away without testing as long as it looks like it's in good condition and everything is there. Hardware has to be tested and can take anywhere fom about two hours and up depending on how busy they are. It may be the case you will have to go back the next day but that isn't usually the case. With accessories it depends, things like headsets need to be tested as do controllers but cables don't. Again as long as they are not busy it's usually about two hours. Bare in mind they have a reputation of running out of cash so if that is what you want you may be out of luck or may need to go back in a few days to get it. To be honest you would probably get more for your items either here in the classifieds or on Ebay.

4. avolee

avolee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +734
    i would check with them the morning you are going in there, i went down once with a wii, only to find they had no money in the shop, 2 hour journey wasted.

5. Hornet2112

Hornet2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I know that they can be a bit slow to give cash, basically if there's not enough in store you can end up with a delay. Obviously the best time to go back to them would be at a weekend when they have a bigger turnover. Just something to keep in mind if you're after some quick cash...

6. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    They usually have very little cash at the w/e as this is when the masses bring in their goods, avoid Friday and Saturday especially as they are always low on cash.

The best way to know if a particular store has the required cash would be to phone up CS and ask if the store in question has the cash available, this should save you any grief.

But remember to book in goods at the earliest opportunity so you can get the best prices before they change, as in my previous visit last week when I traded in a Sony A806 media player and the price went down 30% the next day :eek: Luckily they honoured the higher price for me but this required going through CS.

7. Hornet2112

Hornet2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Oh well, can only go by my own experience, took three tries and was successful on Saturday the day that was finally suggested by the CEX employee, just don't go at the end of the day was his other advice - this was for £40 cash.

8. ocelot20

ocelot20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I traded in my old xbox in Cex months ago and they took 15 mins to test it.

9. internetuser

internetuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I trade in loads of junk, erm old stuff with them.

consoles take about a hour (on a saturday) dvds and games, minutes.

I check on line first for prices before I head out tho

ebay CAN be better, but for some stuff, esp dvds cex can give better value, once you take of postage, and fees etc (and the hassle)