CEX - cheap 3d movies

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=505136820973D

The above link is for Monsters Vs Aliens 3D but is now only available in the Wolverhampton shop. I have just received the only online copy they had through the post and can confirm its the full 3D version which is not available to buy in shops. And for £15 its a steal, they are going on fleabay for £25-40 each.

Also if you check other titles on the website there are a LOT of other bargains to be had.

Avatar 3D - £60 yeah not cheap but fleabay users are asking for £75-100
A Christmas Carol 3D - £6
Ice Age 3 3D (not available any other shops)- £12 - Currently only 3 stores with copies, no online copies

And these are just a few 3D movies, other Blu-Ray titles are also very cheap

Oh and ordering online, I placed my order Tuesday night and it came today so theyre pretty quick.

Yeah, if they remember to put the discs in the cases before posting them.

Horrible company.

actually had no problems with cex so far. bit hit and miss on the condition of some items but otherwise fine. £12 for resi evil 3D at the moment aswell!

I've never had an issue with CEX personally.

I've never used their online service but decided to take a punt on it. I had also noticed several 3D titles cheap, so when Alice in Wonderland 2D/3D combo hit £12 I ordered that and A Christmas Carol also at £12.

As for Monsters vs Aliens. I had hoped that they might get another one in stock to order online but alas hadn't happened. Tonight when I was my local CEX I decided to ask if they can do stock transfers from stores and the short answer is normally yes. They said in theory it's a no for anything under £100 (which seems reasonable), if under that it's up to the store transferring the stock. The bloke said basically some stores are cool, some are not. Luckily for me, Wolverhampton are cool so that last copy of Monsters vs Aliens is now on its way to Manchester and should be in my hands before the end of the week.

So all in all, three quality (one which isn't commercially available) for £39 total. Can't say no to that!

A Christmas Carol 3D - £6 , you should have snapped that up, great seasonal 3D movie.

Oh indeed, that is a bargain but I haven't actually got a 3D TV yet so the cynical side of me is buying only 2D/3D versions so at least I can watch the normal blu-ray if my plans don't come out as soon as I hope, as indeed either way it may be I intend on watching this at Christmas!

Oh indeed, that is a bargain but I haven't actually got a 3D TV yet so the cynical side of me is buying only 2D/3D versions so at least I can watch the normal blu-ray if my plans don't come out as soon as I hope, as indeed either way it may be I intend on watching this at Christmas!

Yeh, but just so you know, christmas carol, well all disney super plays come with 2D bluray of movie anyway, and all other 3D blurays have to have 2D play option anyway(thats the 3D bluray spec), so you might as well get the 3D versions ready for your new 3D screen regardless if you get one anyway.

I've had no probs with em, instore and online

Got Christmas Carol 3D instore today, £12 and totally mint!

Got Rezzi Evil 3D through the post .. £12, mint again

Can't fault em at the moment TBH.

Iv been picking up most of my 3d movies from them for a while inc Monster v aliens which took me ages to get for a decent price, but well worth the wait :)

Ordered Christmas Carol 3D and Alice In Wonderland 3D yesterday afternoon, and arrived this morning.

Both top notch and AIW actually has the reward code inside.

Only issue is that Christmas Carol has no extra disc tray, so the 2D Disc, and Digital Copy Disc are in plastic sleeve. Anywhere I can buy an extra insert for it? Or a new case?

It says they have another couple for sale in Wolverhampton (Monsters vs Aliens) is anyone local to their that could get it for me and i'd of course pay the postage to me

It says they have another couple for sale in Wolverhampton (Monsters vs Aliens) is anyone local to their that could get it for me and i'd of course pay the postage to me

I read that someone cant remember where got his local cex to transfer a disc form another store so that he could pick it up.
Not sure if this is a normal practice but worth a try if u have one local well worth getting MVA although sure to get retail release now that iv finally got it :)

Bri

I read that someone cant remember where got his local cex to transfer a disc form another store so that he could pick it up.
Not sure if this is a normal practice but worth a try if u have one local well worth getting MVA although sure to get retail release now that iv finally got it :)

Bri

That was me, and indeed it was Monsters vs Aliens from the Wolverhampton store. Just waiting for it to arrive.

That was me, and indeed it was Monsters vs Aliens from the Wolverhampton store. Just waiting for it to arrive.

LOl well things stick in my head sometimes and cant remember where i read it obviously on here :blush:
Great film, just need to get a few more namely Coraline but i want the retail release and not the panasonic give away. Need to email cex to find out if they have retail as it dosent say which version it is on the website.
Also noticed that a few have crept up in price the online prices seem to change a bit only by a few ££'s but change none the less

Bri

Disc's that iv had from them

Cloudy with a chance...
Paul Carrack
Res evil 3d
My Bloody Valentine
Step up 3d
dolphins and whales
Dinosaurs of Patagonia
MVA

Bri

I'm down at the bottom of cornwall nearest CEX is Plymouth which is 70 miles away :(

If you are ever near your store again i'd be grateful if you could order me one to be sent to you :smashin:

Bolt 3D just arrived not bad for a tenner. No disney code but I wasnt expecting it to be in there. Good service from CEX.

Got Saw 3D from there today .. again mint. :clap: £10

Got a great bargain at CEX today, by accident.

Bought The Green Hornet 3D for £15 - I know a tad more expensive than MyMemory on the net but had store credit.

So when I was waiting for the chap at the counter I noticed he seemed to be having trouble finding the right discs. Stupidly didn't check when I left the store as only just opened it now and gotten the fright of my life as he's put the normal 2D disc in the case. I've just lifted up that disc though and underneath it is the 3D disc so both versions of the Blu-ray are in the case. That's a pressie for the dad sorted out.

Last edited:
mckee74 said:
Got a great bargain at CEX today, by accident.

Bought The Green Hornet 3D for £15 - I know a tad more expensive than MyMemory on the net but had store credit.

So when I was waiting for the chap at the counter I noticed he seemed to be having trouble finding the right discs. Stupidly didn't check when I left the store as only just opened it now and gotten the fright of my life as he's put the normal 2D disc in the case. I've just lifted up that disc though and underneath it is the 3D disc so both versions of the Blu-ray ar in the case. That's a pressie for the dad sorted out.

Cool story bro

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom