Quantcast

CES NEWS: LG to unveil new premium soundbars at CES 2020

Bixopapao

Standard Member
£1499 isn't too far off double what I paid for the JBL 9.1 (£800)! It must be nearly twice as good then....? 😁
Where did you get that price from? Last time I checked was 999. About sn11rg don't know how good or bad it is. Haven't seen a proper review yet. Rtings is going to review but haven't confirmed when.

Talkshowchris

£1499 isn't too far off double what I paid for the JBL 9.1 (£800)! It must be nearly twice as good then....? 😁
Well I suppose it's got an extra two speakers for a start, meaning it does 7.1.4 without having to merge the channels to accommodate such formats. Since Atmos and DTSX are object based sound formats, there is a lot to be said for those two extra side speakers.
Whether it's twice as good, we will see. If it works flawlessly then it's infinitely better as many JBL customers have returned their 9.1.
I still can't find any UK retailers who stock the Bar 9.1, so there's the factor of JBL being the judge, jury and executioner on returns and repairs.

SmAShY

Well I suppose it's got an extra two speakers for a start, meaning it does 7.1.4 without having to merge the channels to accommodate such formats. Since Atmos and DTSX are object based sound formats, there is a lot to be said for those two extra side speakers.
Whether it's twice as good, we will see. If it works flawlessly then it's infinitely better as many JBL customers have returned their 9.1.
I still can't find any UK retailers who stock the Bar 9.1, so there's the factor of JBL being the judge, jury and executioner on returns and repairs.
Currys are stocking it now.

SmAShY

Where did you get that price from? Last time I checked was 999. About sn11rg don't know how good or bad it is. Haven't seen a proper review yet. Rtings is going to review but haven't confirmed when.
I was fortunate enough to have a 20% off code 😁. Currys are also stocking it now for £899.

Talkshowchris

@Talkshowchris I also remembering you saying how the JBL was the best surround experience you've had in your living room. 😁

Just a shame you encountered those issues 😵.
It was, but the issues with the Xbox One X and the drop outs with my LG B9 make it the most short lived soundbar I've had.
The detachable rear speakers are a great idea and the implementation is very good. But in all fairness, the Soundbar could be 9.2.4 with 4 wireless rears and industry best subwoofer, but if it doesn't work properly then that's all that matters.
Not much in the technology world is flawless, but if some flaws restrict performance and compatibility, then it's time to get rid.

On a side note, JBL are only just today processing my refund, having received the bar 2 weeks ago to the day. That's another 5 to 10 working days now. Currys managed a refund in less than 5 days.

Talkshowchris

Forgive my ignorance but but what does this have over the Q90 to justify the price difference?
- AI room calibration is a big one if it works properly. The Q90 does get slack for weak rear speakers and the inability to tweak them individually.
- Google Assistant is quite good if the TV is compatible too.
- It is wider, this will give you a wider centre sound. This was quite good on the SL10YG.
- Smaller profile than the Q90 meaning there will be no need to higher the TV.
- The other features will need reviews to confirm whether they are better than the Q90.

Talkshowchris

Regardless these prices are simply not going to cut it for me, £1499??? probably £1199 or £1099 for the SN10........hard no from me.
That's fair enough, probably best to wait for reviews first to be fair to LG.
That said, what are you going to buy instead then? A Samsung Q80 or one of these new Sony bars? I would suggest the Sonos Arc, but by the time you add a sub that becomes a very unreasonable price.

BillRawles

Regardless these prices are simply not going to cut it for me, £1499??? probably £1199 or £1099 for the SN10........hard no from me.
That's a Texas sized 10-4, good buddy. If Samsung keep the Q90 on sales for as long as stated, itll only drop further in price. Black Friday could be very interesting if still available. This LG better be substantially better in a side by side or it just wont sell for that kind of money.

Aryn86

That's fair enough, probably best to wait for reviews first to be fair to LG.
That said, what are you going to buy instead then? A Samsung Q80 or one of these new Sony bars? I would suggest the Sonos Arc, but by the time you add a sub that becomes a very unreasonable price.
I don't want another Samsung soundbar because I find the way you switch inputs confusing and my K850 doesn't really operate well with ARC when paired with my C9. It's so bad I had to switch to optical for regular tv watching because the ARC/D.in setting wouldn't work all the time, I would end up getting no sound then have to turn the soundbar on and off and the tv on and off and only sometimes would it then work.

It'll be the SN10 when the price drops a good bit or the Bar 9.1 (because it's the only realistic option with rears for me) if I can get it around 750/700 ideally also hopefully a few of the glitches are ironed out by then, I'm still in no real rush but Ideally it would be nice to have an eARC enabled soundbar by the time the Series X and PS5 roll around.

Talkshowchris

I don't want another Samsung soundbar because I find the way you switch inputs confusing and my K850 doesn't really operate well with ARC when paired with my C9. It's so bad I had to switch to optical for regular tv watching because the ARC/D.in setting wouldn't work all the time, I would end up getting no sound then have to turn the soundbar on and off and the tv on and off and only sometimes would it then work.

It'll be the SN10 when the price drops a good bit or the Bar 9.1 (because it's the only realistic option with rears for me) if I can get it around 750/700 ideally also hopefully a few of the glitches are ironed out by then, I'm still in no real rush but Ideally it would be nice to have an eARC enabled soundbar by the time the Series X and PS5 roll around.
I have a 20% code for JBL if you want the 9.1 for £800.

Does anyone know if the LG SN9YG has two inputs and one output? I found the specs on the LG website a little confusing. I thought the specs said one hdmi input and one hdmi output.

Last edited:

Talkshowchris

How many people on here have ordered the SN11RG already?
As far as I know it is only available from Richer Sounds.
Does anyone know if anywhere else will be selling soon?

Trending threads

Top Bottom