Quantcast

CES NEWS: LG to unveil new premium soundbars at CES 2020

DaveWillo

Got a 55C9 arriving today, the wife hates my B&W floostanders, so these new LG soundbars could be an option.
However, I would rather change my receiver for a Denon 4500 and some upeards firing Atmos speakers as well...

ukcanuk

Very interested in the SN11RG as an upgrade to my Samsung N-950. Any word about number of HDMI inputs?

sagaris99

Sennheiser Ambeo is still going to batter this...
Seeing as we haven’t actually heard them yet, probably best to hold off on any judgements. Funny, almost as if you’ve bought the ambeo already.....

Talkshowchris

Seeing as we haven’t actually heard them yet, probably best to hold off on any judgements. Funny, almost as if you’ve bought the ambeo already.....
I do indeed already have the Ambeo.

I'd love for LG to prove me wrong, but their recent soundbars have been very average compared with the Samsung and Sony bars.

Spoonablehippo

Sennheiser Ambeo is still going to batter this...
But isn't the Ambeo over £2K?????
If so I should bloody well hope it will batter the LG, which will probably be under half the price for the top model.

Dubsteppa11

Standard Member
The Ambeo Soundbar thread on here is abit of a joke and very embarrassing for a £2k+ stand alone product.

I was in the market for one but its out of the running for now, just about everyone who purchased one on this forum has had major issues notably with the centre speaker despite excellent performance when working. For me at this price there needs to be no exceptions for quality control.

Hopefully LG will put something out that will perform well for less than half the price with subwoofer and rear speakers.

Brand matching with my LG tv will also help keep the OCD in me happy!

Aryn86

Damn those rear speakers are HEFTY think we're looking at overkill for anything but a huge room but I want one all the same!

Lovegolf44

Standard Member
First clip I’ve found previewing the SN11RG at CES 2020..

Let's face it, all the manufacturers are going to be amp'ing up the rhetoric on how great their soundbars are. We won't really know until they get tested by some of the A/V publications and reviews from owners. Nice that eARC is going to be standard in the A/V world for 2020.

Rizvan

Let's face it, all the manufacturers are going to be amp'ing up the rhetoric on how great their soundbars are. We won't really know until they get tested by some of the A/V publications and reviews from owners. Nice that eARC is going to be standard in the A/V world for 2020.
I think the first big step was when Samsung released the HW-N950, it really did open my eyes (ears) to replacing a conventional amp + speakers setup.
The Q90 wasn't a big enough leap forwards, hopefully this LG delivers and it a big leap ahead over the Samsung bars.
Really interested to see if the Auto RoomEQ makes a big difference.
@Phil Hinton will you be getting a chance to review this and compare with the Samsung N950? ;)

Dubsteppa11

Standard Member
As a bass lover, the sub has to do at least 22 Hz to qualify as a game changer.
This would be fantastic but its highly unlikely as mainstream brands such as Samsung/LG/Sony avoid this route, possibly due to requiring 12” woofers in large enclosures which would not be suitable for the majority of the target market. The option to connect and integrate our own choice of woofer in the future however would be fantastic for enthusiasts who already own a decent sub.

If the figures on the spec sheet are correct the subwoofer for this bar shares the same dimensions and weight as LG’s previous flagship model of 2019 so I’d hazard a guess and say its the same 7” front firing subwoofer setup.

Let the reviews roll in..

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
This would be fantastic but its highly unlikely as mainstream brands such as Samsung/LG/Sony avoid this route, possibly due to requiring 12” woofers in large enclosures which would not be suitable for the majority of the target market. The option to connect and integrate our own choice of woofer in the future however would be fantastic for enthusiasts who already own a decent sub.

If the figures on the spec sheet are correct the subwoofer for this bar shares the same dimensions and weight as LG’s previous flagship model of 2019 so I’d hazard a guess and say its the same 7” front firing subwoofer setup.

Let the reviews roll in..
Klipsch are offering a 12 inch sub with their 2020 soundbar. Not sure if it would dig deep but I expect it do at least 25Hz effortlessly which should satisfy the vast majority.

Trending threads

Latest News

Micro LED TV alternative to modular design on the way?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Musical Fidelity announces M8xi integrated amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces price rises for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display OLED panel production below forecasts
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic launches SC-HTB600 and SC-HTB400 soundbars