CES 2020 News: Sony TV models leaked? - news discussion

file.php

so Sony has to rectify the sizes of the current models!
the XG9005 in one size of 49 "by 4 sizes from 55" to 85 "for the XH9005
and the XG9505 in 4 sizes from 55 "to 85" by 5 sizes from 49 "to 85" for the XH9505!
we must now see the improvements made to these new models, number of zones, audio part, designs ... etc!
if we think a little we can conclude that the XH9505 series will surely have more areas than the previous version XG9505 since there will be the series below XH9005 which will certainly take the same specifications as the XG9505 this year! ;)
what do you think ?

"Sony posts their lineups before other companies to get a headstart on the buzz as other companies start announcing products"

Sony’s LCD tv releases have been disappointing the last few years/ I really hope they make a solid effort and release something good in 2020 that is a solid step up from last year - their customers deserve it.

Just bring back the ZD9.

Just bring back the ZD9.

I'm happy with my ZF9. Black levels are good enough and I don't mind a little blooming. And it's better than the ZD9 in every other way. Although I don't understand why Sony did turn down the amount of local dimming zones so drastically. I could say I'd hope to see them turn it up enough this year, but I already bought myself and my mom a TV in the past year, so I won't be buying a new one for several years.

[

And the XE9305. IF the XG95 is like the XE9305 I might be buying that in 18 months time.

Clearly things have gone backwards in the LED-LCD space since 2017.

After owning both Panasonic DX902 and LG C8, I have no qualms in buying the DX902 or another TV matching its quality (Sony ZD9 / X930e). I do agree that OLEDs offer a more consistent picture quality but there is something special about these bad boys that made me like them a lot over the OLEDs besides the viewing angle and occasional DSE.

[

Clearly things have gone backwards in the LED-LCD space since 2017.

After owning both Panasonic DX902 and LG C8, I have no qualms in buying the DX902 or another TV matching its quality (Sony ZD9 / X930e). I do agree that OLEDs offer a more consistent picture quality but there is something special about these bad boys that made me like them a lot over the OLEDs besides the viewing angle and occasional DSE.

The XE9305 was the best television I have owned. I understand the ZD9 was obviously better. Since that year Sony's LCD's have gone backwards in terms of overall image quality...relatively speaking of course. I don't understand why they can't take that years quality and just add the new technological improvements. Guess, like other manufacturers, they are pushing OLEDs. I'm going to be really interested to see/hear what the 2020 quality is like.

LCD Ultra HD
  • XH80: 43", 49", 55", 65", 75", 85"
  • XH90: 55", 65", 75", 85"
  • XH95: 49", 55", 65", 75", 85"
OLED
  • AH8: 55", 65"
  • AH9: 55", 65"
LCD 8K
  • ZH8: 75", 85"
no replacement for ZF9 !
Source:

LCD Ultra HD
  • XH80: 43", 49", 55", 65", 75", 85"
  • XH90: 55", 65", 75", 85"
  • XH95: 49", 55", 65", 75", 85"
OLED
  • AH8: 55", 65"
  • AH9: 55", 65"
LCD 8K
  • ZH8: 75", 85"
no replacement for ZF9 !
Source:

Pretty sure that the ZG9's the follow up to the ZF9. At least, as in Sony's top-of-the-line LCD TV in the Master series. Not in terms of size or price.

Interesting that the 8k set has an 8 in the model number, going by the recent Sony nomenclature, one would assume the flagship would have a 9 not an 8??? Unless it's not the flagship???

Was considering the KD49XG9005 but wonder if the XH95 49” might be better ?

Was considering the KD49XG9005 but wonder if the XH95 49” might be better ?
Not really - almost exactly the same panel. I would grab the XG9005 if it’s cheaper, no point spending more for the XH95 at all.

"Leaked", haha!
Usually the sign that it's probably going to be a weak year.

Sony... what's happening?
I think it's clear South Korea or China is now the way to go for innovation and up to date products (and not overpriced ones with vague and exaggerated marketing - 'rebranding' Wide Colour Gamut panels bought from China's BOE and LG as Triluminos - it once actually meant a specific Sony RGB FALD technology!).

No 48” OLED. Looks like LG might be keeping that panel to themselves for now.

Sony brings a condo-friendly 48-inch 4K OLED TV to CES 2020

Sony’s first TVs of 2020 include its smallest 4K OLED ever

Sony - BRAVIA - Z8H/ZH8 Series - 8K HDR TV

FIRST LOOK: Sony A8 TV

FIRST LOOK: Sony XH90 TV

FIRST LOOK: Sony XH95 TV

Last edited:

this says the XH90 will be 4k120fps per second via an update, but the higher end XH95 won't be compatible?? The XH95 also has the x wide angle technology which I don't want....

So what is the deal??Are these tv's not true hdmi 2.1? I am glad that Sony will have an an 85 inch non x wide angle tv for gaming at 4k 120fps.... I was hoping that they would release bigger sizes up to 88 or 90 inches though....

You'd think Sony would put the TV stand a bit closer to the middle after all of the complaints of it being too wide... but nope, they just put them apart even further and now your TV cabinet actually needs to be wider than the TV screen for it the sit on it. Anyway, looks like only marginal upgrades from Sony this year, sadly. The local dimming zones could be ramped up to 200, but that's really just an example they're showing and may not represent the actual amount.

You'd think Sony would put the TV stand a bit closer to the middle after all of the complaints of it being too wide... but nope, they just put them apart even further and now your TV cabinet actually needs to be wider than the TV screen for it the sit on it. Anyway, looks like only marginal upgrades from Sony this year, sadly. The local dimming zones could be ramped up to 200, but that's really just an example they're showing and may not represent the actual amount.

Stand can have 2 positions, it can be similar like last years models or wider.

That's the narrow option.

36f97c784018e0683cf74fa2b532e7fb

XH90 can be even more narrow.

Wide
8858366b0268efc0721031bfdeceab10

Narrow
d91d96b76e02712ac65f38d25d533ac7

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom