CES 2020 News: Klipsch updates Bar 44, Bar 48 and Bar 54 soundbars - news discussion

Glad to hear that these big audio guns are starting to step up.

Just odd of Klipsch to announce the 54a at the 2019 CES and it never shows up for sale. Makes me wonder if they announced it prematurely and had major bugs or something. We'll see I guess.

Could the Klipsch 54 + additional surround speakers be the first soundbar setup to rival to Samsung HW-N950 / Q90 Atmos bar's? :eek:
I like the idea of having an additional sub woofer too.

Wouldn't get excited, Klipsche don't really care about the european market much and probably wont release the Bar 54 for release in the UK just like they didn't bother with the Bar 54a from last year.

Also LG have already announced a true rival for the Q90 in the SNR11LG 7.1.4 soundbar with proper wireless surrounds which have upfring speakers in them.

Just read this about the Bar 54 during CES 2020 from Wired:

"Best in Home Audio: Klipsch Bar 54

Dolby Atmos–enabled soundbars have been getting better (and cheaper) every year, but none of them have quite matched the cinematic levels of sound that you'd get from "real" receiver-driven surround sound systems. Klipsch's new Bar 54 is the closest I've heard, with a combined 16 drivers—including two Atmos-enabled surrounds and a massive 12-inch wireless subwoofer—that are capable of an earth-shattering 1,000 watts of sound. It was enough to rattle my bones when watching a chase scene from "Hobbs and Shaw," totally suspending my disbelief with highly realistic tire squeals as The Rock grabbed an enemy motorcyclist from the window of a speeding McLaren. —Parker Hall"

This has the potential to be the best cinematic soundbar. 135 CMS wide, wireless surround and a sub with 12 inch driver.

Be nice if Klipsch actually sold this thing in 2020 given it was announced over a year ago. Anxious to hear reviews on it so I can make a decision on a Dolby Atmos system.

Having the Yamaha YSP-1000, I have to say im definitely a fan of QUALITY soundbars. Ive been wanting to step up to an ATMOS DTS X soundbar, but havent simply bc the newer Yamaha YSP-5600 dosent allow for HDR passthrough, the Synheiser AMBEO is unjustifiably expensive and all other object based soundbars arent all that good in my opinion. The 54 might just be the answer, at a reasonable price. Anyone really think this device will make it to market? Im so excited, I cant wait.
On a side note, RIP NEIL PEART.

A question i would have would be....
Can the soundbar be purchased by itself? I know the rear speakers are additional, but could the same be said for the sub? If so that could possibly bring the cost of this sounbar alone down to around 1000 usd which is attractive. Like many people upgrading, i already have a subwoofer ( a velodyne ) so the sub is not needed and rear speakers can be added later.

Yes. Just looked it up. Looks to be yet another interesting product for those of us unable to run dedicated drivers to very specific locations.

I honestly cant wait! The purists on here dont quite understand people that admire soundbars (like you and I). Im not sure THEY understand that there truly are habitats that are non conducive to a dedicated driver placement system. Soundbars, offer a perfect solution for this exact situation.

Same here. If reviews are good, I am ready to buy the 54.

135 cms wide
12 inch subwoofer and ability to add another subwoofer.

Would be even better if the soundbar had a dedicated wired sub-out like the Ambeo.

135 cms wide

Would be even better if the soundbar had a dedicated wired sub-out like the Ambeo.
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Klipsch has a signup for "pre-orders" for the Bar 54. I think it amounts to getting email notice when the bloody things are available for sale. I'm not making any commitments until I read a few reviews first. Given the new Samsung high-end bars (Q950/900), the new Vizio Elevate and the new LG/JBL bars; exciting times for DTS X/Dolby Atmos bars will make choosing difficult! Will come at a high $$ price of course.

135 cms wide

So there is no sub pre-out on the sounbar? I thought i saw a picture with it having it.

Why is everyone getting so excited? have Klipsch confirmed a UK release date? I messaged Henley audio (exclusive UK distributor for Klipsch products) last year when the original Bar 54 was announced and they confirmed that it was not coming to the UK. Has there been an availability update?

Why is everyone getting so excited? have Klipsch confirmed a UK release date? I messaged Henley audio (exclusive UK distributor for Klipsch products) last year when the original Bar 54 was announced and they confirmed that it was not coming to the UK. Has there been an availability update?
A Klipsch dealership has informed me that the new 2020 lineup should be available next month. He confirmed this via his Klipsch rep. :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom