CES 2020 News: JBL announces Bar 9.1 Dolby Atmos soundbar

This looks like a good solution

Will be very interested to read the full review as soon as these are out on the market

Could be a good alternative to the latest, and more expensive Samsung ones, if they get UK prices right

I have wondered why Sound bars don't come with stick to the ceiling wireless over head speakers, that way the whole flat ceiling thing wouldn't be an issue

I have wondered why Sound bars don't come with stick to the ceiling wireless over head speakers, that way the whole flat ceiling thing wouldn't be an issue
Hopefully the next models will,lol 😁

Fantastic idea, certainly got me interested depending on how it reviews.

Only really need the detachable speakers for Movies so putting them back to charge is not an inconvenience either really; also might be more wife friendly if they're only "cluttering" the place up during a film.

Any word on HDMI inputs etc please?

JBL's existing 5.1ch soundbar already has this detachable wireless speaker option.

In fact, some countries have 5.1 ch true wireless speakers via Bluetooth but you will have to charge the individual speakers which I think is not a big deal for surround speakers.

Any word on DTS:X, eARC or how many HMDI inputs there will be?

They just need to partner up with command strips, everything in our house is basically attached with command strips, id be tempted to try and mount cupboards using them 😄

I guess it has earc and the rear detachable speakers can also be powered if needed (for over 10hrs playback needs). Very interesting!

img.jpg

Didn't realise that the rear speakers also have upfiring drivers! thought it was just two on the bar the rears provided a nice surround option but this is great to hear. Just want DTSX eARC and the number of HDMI available inputs confirmed and this will be right up there for me, perfect as I have a smaller sized room and wired rears simply don't work due to their size and weight.

So FlatpanelsHD are saying no DTS:X.......

Someone is assuming one thing or the other and my feeling is it's soundandvision who have maybe wrongly assumed DTS:X will be included but the current evidence suggests it won't be.

I'm really excited to see what this bar can do, i'm currently using the beam which is decent but I dont know if sonos will ever pull their head out and release a playbar with eARC and atmos, so I want to upgrade this year. I'll have to wait and see the reviews for this the lg flagship bar and samsung, it seems to be a good year for sound bars =)

I have the 5.1 and the sound quality is okay, it is definitely not Klipsch or Polk but definitely on par with Samsung/LG etc. Bass is on another level. Most times I don't go over level 10 out of 30!

JBL posted a video to youtube to advertise it

While the video makes no mention of DTS:X the description does mention it;

"The JBL Bar 9.1 soundbar brings the audio experience of a movie theater into your home with two detachable surround speakers and the added punch of Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ 3D sound. With 820 watts of total system power, you can enjoy every Oscar-worthy performance through powerful, crystal-clear audio. Turn up the 10" subwoofer for pulse-pounding bass or turn it down and relax with Chromecast and AirPlay music streaming. Immerse yourself in the latest blockbuster or re-live your favorite movie or sports scenes. The most incredible home cinema sound experience is here."

Ok just seen a video that digitaltrends put out back in January and they interview someone who confirms that the bar 9.1 DOES do Dolby Atmos and DTS:X so that's major plus point, still no word on eARC but the Bar 9.1 should be a solid consideration for people now.

I have the 5.1 and the sound quality is okay, it is definitely not Klipsch or Polk but definitely on par with Samsung/LG etc. Bass is on another level. Most times I don't go over level 10 out of 30!
yeah I had one on demo, bass was a tad overpowering, wasnt able to get it to my liking. I nearly kept it but also when you detach the speakers the bar itself doesnt look that great & you can see this when entering the room so sent it back. I should add in most placement scenarios this would not be a problem but was in my case.
The sub was also quite quite big & heavy as I recall

Any more news on this?

Nothing yet, I've posted the latest confirmed info I found a few posts back. It's something I'm personally very interested in but think we're a good 6 months off any release.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom