Quantcast

CES 2020 News: JBL announces Bar 9.1 Dolby Atmos soundbar

UMAR 3:16

Distinguished Member
This looks like a good solution

dts77

Will be very interested to read the full review as soon as these are out on the market

Could be a good alternative to the latest, and more expensive Samsung ones, if they get UK prices right

I have wondered why Sound bars don't come with stick to the ceiling wireless over head speakers, that way the whole flat ceiling thing wouldn't be an issue

Kyle009

Fantastic idea, certainly got me interested depending on how it reviews.

Only really need the detachable speakers for Movies so putting them back to charge is not an inconvenience either really; also might be more wife friendly if they're only "cluttering" the place up during a film.

Any word on HDMI inputs etc please?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
JBL's existing 5.1ch soundbar already has this detachable wireless speaker option.

In fact, some countries have 5.1 ch true wireless speakers via Bluetooth but you will have to charge the individual speakers which I think is not a big deal for surround speakers.

witchdrash

I have wondered why Sound bars don't come with stick to the ceiling wireless over head speakers, that way the whole flat ceiling thing wouldn't be an issue
They just need to partner up with command strips, everything in our house is basically attached with command strips, id be tempted to try and mount cupboards using them 😄

Jengamen

Standard Member
I guess it has earc and the rear detachable speakers can also be powered if needed (for over 10hrs playback needs). Very interesting!

Aryn86

Didn't realise that the rear speakers also have upfiring drivers! thought it was just two on the bar the rears provided a nice surround option but this is great to hear. Just want DTSX eARC and the number of HDMI available inputs confirmed and this will be right up there for me, perfect as I have a smaller sized room and wired rears simply don't work due to their size and weight.

Aryn86

So FlatpanelsHD are saying no DTS:X.......

Someone is assuming one thing or the other and my feeling is it's soundandvision who have maybe wrongly assumed DTS:X will be included but the current evidence suggests it won't be.

Aryn86

WildAntics

Novice Member
I'm really excited to see what this bar can do, i'm currently using the beam which is decent but I dont know if sonos will ever pull their head out and release a playbar with eARC and atmos, so I want to upgrade this year. I'll have to wait and see the reviews for this the lg flagship bar and samsung, it seems to be a good year for sound bars =)

I have the 5.1 and the sound quality is okay, it is definitely not Klipsch or Polk but definitely on par with Samsung/LG etc. Bass is on another level. Most times I don't go over level 10 out of 30!

Trending threads

Top Bottom