CES 2020 News: Creative announces Dolby Atmos SXFI Carrier soundbar - news discussion

Creative should bring out a version of this just for headphones. I’ve looked at the current Creative super XFI USB DAC/Amp specifically for the purpose of surround virtualisation for headphones in a regular AV system and it simply won’t work as it has no HDMI input, instead relying on something like a Windows 10 device running Dolby Digital Live audio drivers and connected to the DAC using USB.

Ever since AV receiver manufacturers stopped including Dolby Headphone DSP mode about 8 or 9 years ago there’s been a gap in the market for something like this.

Im curious to see how this reviews. Im looking for a quality atmos dts x soundbar reasonably priced.

Im curious to see how this reviews. Im looking for a quality atmos dts x soundbar reasonably priced.
It appears to be limited to 3.1.2 so I doubt it's going to go very far based on the other new products forthcoming from the CES 2020.

Last edited:
It appears to be limited to 3.1.2 so I doubt it's not going to go very far based on the other new products forthcoming from the CES 2020.
While I am curious to see how this one plays out I agree it will be tough without offering rear surrounds... kinda baffling to me that you wouldn't at least offer them as a separate purchase'?

I think the Bar 54 is going to blow most else outta the water n prolly y they delayed it until this year. They want this to be perfectly on point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom