CES 2019

OYYY ENGLISH GUY!!! Stop posting in whatever language and expecting the frenchy to translate :)
Good find ;)
Google Translate

Sorry my friend but I don’t understand what you mean by native 4k?
You mean mini or micro led for 4k?

Nanosys like any company on the globe can just put planner predictions and as a projet manager I can tell you they rarely materialise unless you have a hard stop and bla bla bla...

I am now 90 percent sure we will see QD on Glass but it is not enough...as I want to see stage 3 aka QD color filter as per my email above. Mini led for smaller sizes unlikely but we can hope

@Matson they issuing a software update for your 8k fixing lots of things !!! Dixit John archer forbes...nothing for q9fn ?
I meant 4K TV, not 8K. We don't want 8K sets that TV companies are going to push as a new technology for buyers to upgrade, as there is nothing in 8K at the moment. There is a lack of new tech, all we hear and see in CES every year as new 'possible' tec but never implemented.

So it's business as usual and TV companies no doubt will tempt buyers with 8K sets. OLEDs will soldier on with 5 or 10 percent extra brightness. On LCD front, hope to see new tech implemented but who knows, can't wait for CES to begin, however, some TV manufacturers might delay announcing their new sets after Jan 2019, just like last year.

I meant 4K TV, not 8K. We don't want 8K sets that TV companies are going to push as a new technology for buyers to upgrade, as there is nothing in 8K at the moment. There is a lack of new tech, all we hear and see in CES every year as new 'possible' tec but never implemented.

So it's business as usual and TV companies no doubt will tempt buyers with 8K sets. OLEDs will soldier on with 5 or 10 percent extra brightness. On LCD front, hope to see new tech implemented but who knows, can't wait for CES to begin, however, some TV manufacturers might delay announcing their new sets after Jan 2019, just like last year.
I am hoping they will show most of the range and especially the prototypes. but hdmi 2.1 not available before March 19 so sept will see all the big innovations with hdmi 2.1
I am hoping that they release TVs with hdmi 2.1 ready...so far, only Samsung could be future proof enough

One thing I feel is that even though LCD is the older tech there is way more room for improvements and there have been way more improvements to LCD recently than there has been for OLED.

With OLED you can take any set from the last 2/3 years and the differences are miniscule. They seem to be either doing the bare minimum with improvements or OLED is just the type of technology to hit its peak early and its difficult to offer huge improvements. Brightness with OLED has barely improved in 2/3 years except for a few hundred nits. LCD have gone from around 2000 nits to 4000 nits in a very short amount of time. Now you have the first commercial 8K LCD available. You have Mini LED backlights emerging with thousands of zones. They seem to be pushing LCD a lot more (except Sony) but who knows maybe Sony will come up with a 8K Mini LED high brightness set at CES.

One thing I feel is that even though LCD is the older tech there is way more room for improvements and there have been way more improvements to LCD recently than there has been for OLED.

With OLED you can take any set from the last 2/3 years and the differences are miniscule. They seem to be either doing the bare minimum with improvements or OLED is just the type of technology to hit its peak early and its difficult to offer huge improvements. Brightness with OLED has barely improved in 2/3 years except for a few hundred nits. LCD have gone from around 2000 nits to 4000 nits in a very short amount of time. Now you have the first commercial 8K LCD available. You have Mini LED backlights emerging with thousands of zones. They seem to be pushing LCD a lot more (except Sony) but who knows maybe Sony will come up with a 8K Mini LED high brightness set at CES.
Oled will improve but it may take some time...qantum dot plus better substrat
French website confirmed a strong rumour that Sony bringing 2 giant 8k tv at ces. A 98 and a 85/82 inch...
Sizes are getting ridiculous...

LCD has improved so much yes, and massively in the last few years. Now how will miniled turn out? For me it's just a stopgap for MicroLED and the feeling I have is some manufacturers won't even bother.. As for oled it's just this generation of plasma..

LCD has improved so much yes, and massively in the last few years. Now how will miniled turn out? For me it's just a stopgap for MicroLED and the feeling I have is some manufacturers won't even bother.. As for oled it's just this generation of plasma..

Im wondering how even Micro LED would do. Will be be as easy to make 8K Micro LED sets.. will it be as easy to do high brightness like the recent LED sets. Would you even see a difference between a Mini LED with 10000-20000 zones and a Micro LED. I can imagine there will be as with all tech negatives with Micro LED aswell.

MicroLED is all about getting the pixels small enough, you pixel for pixel it's hard to beat, and MicroLED can go over 1 million nits, and it costs less energy to run ect

696DBA65-6012-4E64-8E86-809FB7098A8D.jpeg
MicroLED is all about getting the pixels small enough, you pixel for pixel it's hard to beat, and MicroLED can go over 1 million nits, and it costs less energy to run ect
Caption linked to this picture: ”1 million nits he said!?! Hmmm” where is that Livemo guy??

82 and 98 inches.. Those aren't going to be cheap lol.

82 and 98 inches.. Those aren't going to be cheap lol.
Everyone needs to show us the flagships but common people want to see what 55 and 65 can do :)
It is too quiet, usually, we have far more news...hmmmm

Yeah I have the space on the wall for bigger but its more just to do with the price. I would of loved the 85 q900 but £14999 is just far to much to spend on a tv for me. I think for 8K you need to at least have a 75 inch model as you can price that not out of everyones reach and at the same time still have some benefit.

Yeah I have the space on the wall for bigger but its more just to do with the price. I would of loved the 85 q900 but £14999 is just far to much to spend on a tv for me. I think for 8K you need to at least have a 75 inch model as you can price that not out of everyones reach and at the same time still have some benefit.
That’s why Sony is quite smart to use 8k with a minimum 82/85
Prices should drop for lcd as there is an over supply in the market apparently...and technology improving

Samsung have quietly announced their 2019 “Lifestyle” range, namely The Frame and Serif models. The Frame gets a quantum dot upgrade to perhaps justify its lofty price tag.

Apparently there’ll be at least two distinct sets within their CES floorspace.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom