CES 2018 News: Sony demos AF8 and XF90 with X-Motion Clarity - news discussion

Well a super-bright FALD Q7 would get my interest, not sure we’ll see one though...
50 percent chance i will say for q9s, q8 and q7. From name patent they registered, potentially two level of fald implementation...
My biggest concern is 55 as they may just release one at 65 like ks9500...

It seems I’ve been confusing bfi with interpolation (schoolboy error :nono:), and now understand more about this new X-motion clarity feature. Since I’m looking at this tv purely as a gaming screen, then this feature is very interesting. Those who’ve seen it working are very impressed and HDTV Magazin did say that the XF90 was better when gaming (compared to XE90/93) due to this feature. So even though the XF90 doesn’t match up to the XE93 in some areas, if you’re looking for a 4K gaming tv, then the XF90 is very attractive imo.

I’m hungry for more reviews :smashin:

It seems I’ve been confusing bfi with interpolation (schoolboy error :nono:), and now understand more about this new X-motion clarity feature. Since I’m looking at this tv purely as a gaming screen, then this feature is very interesting. Those who’ve seen it working are very impressed and HDTV Magazin did say that the XF90 was better when gaming (compared to XE90/93) due to this feature. So even though the XF90 doesn’t match up to the XE93 in some areas, if you’re looking for a 4K gaming tv, then the XF90 is very attractive imo.

I’m hungry for more reviews :smashin:

We’ll see but I think the XF90 will be generally very good and tick most boxes, the only disappointment is peak brightness for HDR.

That will probably peak around 1,000 nits, which isn’t bad by any means, but I was hoping to see it nearer 1,500.

prices are available pre-order at some trader!
in France:
Sony kd-49xf9005 : 1 499.00 €
Sony kd-55xf9005 : 1 799.00 €
Sony kd-65xf9005 : 2 490.00 €
Sony kd-75xf9005 : 4 490.00 €
so these are the same prices in Germany.

in France:

From reading that initial review I would say it is a no-brainer to go for the XE9305 if you are looking at the 65 inch model - Sony Bravia KD65XE9305 @ £1,649.

According to the review it is still a superior TV and will carry on through 2018 so the XF9000 could be a bit of a hard sell even at those prices ...

From reading that initial review I would say it is a no-brainer to go for the XE9305 if you are looking at the 65 inch model - Sony Bravia KD65XE9305 @ £1,649.

According to the review it is still a superior TV and will carry on through 2018 so the XF9000 could be a bit of a hard sell even at those prices ...

I thought the XE9305 was being discontinued, it has already gone oos at RS

in France:

I spoke with a Sony rep/salesperson in a John Lewis store today. I was asking about the XF900 vs XE9305. He had RRP prices behind the desk, would'nt let me take a picture, but told me the 49" & 55" prices

Sony kd-49xf9005 : £1399
Sony kd-55xf9005 : £1699

He also said they expected to start receiving some units ~March 5th

I spoke with a Sony rep/salesperson in a John Lewis store today. I was asking about the XF900 vs XE9305. He had RRP prices behind the desk, would'nt let me take a picture, but told me the 49" & 55" prices

Sony kd-49xf9005 : £1399
Sony kd-55xf9005 : £1699

He also said they expected to start receiving some units ~March 5th
Thanks for the info, the price of the 55” ties in with the Mcmichaels and Sony Centre price, so that’s nice to get another confirmation. The Mcmichaels price is £1449 for the 49” so £50 difference. Great news about the release date, I didn’t expect it to be that early, but I assume he was referring to the 55”, as I believe the 49” has a slightly later release date.

Thanks for the info, the price of the 55” ties in with the Mcmichaels and Sony Centre price, so that’s nice to get another confirmation. The Mcmichaels price is £1449 for the 49” so £50 difference. Great news about the release date, I didn’t expect it to be that early, but I assume he was referring to the 55”, as I believe the 49” has a slightly later release date.

Yes, I assumed as much too re having 55" models first. He also said they expect to be fully stocked by April, so hopefully that will include the 49" model, which is the one im interested in.

Not sure about the review content, they spend a lot of time talking about film clips, tv frames and remote controls, then fail to mention anything about gaming :thumbsdow. Not a good review from a technical standpoint, but another excellent showing for the XF90 :smashin:.

Not sure about the review content, they spend a lot of time talking about film clips, tv frames and remote controls, then fail to mention anything about gaming :thumbsdow. Not a good review from a technical standpoint, but another excellent showing for the XF90 :smashin:.

Hhmm it does sound very good across the board.

Gaming should be superb with the new motion system, 25ms response time in 4k mode, what more do you need?

More a user review than a technical review
However, liked comparison to xe90 and real life tests
Need to see the one from Steve and Vincent ASAP.

Hhmm it does sound very good across the board.

Gaming should be superb with the new motion system, 25ms response time in 4k mode, what more do you need?
I’m waiting for rtings review as they go into far more detail on the gaming side than most review sites. Im happy with the 4K input lag figure (1080p not so much). The main thing I want to know now is native panel response time. I think most people see input lag as the most important thing for gaming (which it is), but imo panel response is also very important. Only rtings provide this info, along with a whole series of input lag figures at different picture configuarations.

Unfortunately rtings are not sent review units, they buy their own tvs from Amazon.com, so I think their review will be a bit later.

absolutely tazmago !
we are all waiting for this review.
:thumbsup:

Rtings have a suggested tv review table on their site. The X900F currently has 95 votes and is half way up the table, so place your vote and let’s get it to the top :smashin:.

No comparison with the xe93 from last year either. If I'm honest that review came through a bit weak.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom