CES 2018: Hisense to launch OLED TV in UK

Now this could be interesting....

What is their smart platform like? I am a big fan of WebOS, Tizen not so much.

Really wish they would hurry up and get a plex.tv native app on their smart platform.

What is their smart platform like? I am a big fan of WebOS, Tizen not so much.

Not good and sluggish but easily amongst the top 3 bang for the bulk 4K HDR TV on the market.

As usual I will be waiting and watching out for Steve's review at YouTube :)

Great news.

Why buy an OLED without dolby vision?

Makes no sense to me, just like the Panasonic.

because HDR10+ which is virtually the same as Dolby vision? 2 major studio 20th Century and Warner already announced patnership with it, and being open source, i see HDR10+ being the more likely winner anyway

Any ideas on price for the Oled? If it comes in around £1500 for a 65inch I’m down! :smashin:

It will be very interesting to see how Hisense implement their processing.

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, why is this a big deal, are Hisense supposed to be good or bad?
Regards,
Paul

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, why is this a big deal, are Hisense supposed to be good or bad?
Regards,
Paul
Their pricing is very competitive
Has potential to bring OLED to the masses

As an owner of the 65M7000 I myself will be staying away from Hisense for all goods in the future for their lack of customer service or implementation of updates/firmware.

As an owner of the 65M7000 I myself will be staying away from Hisense for all goods in the future for their lack of customer service or implementation of updates/firmware.
I entirely agree. I will never purchase another Hisense TV. I own two Hisense TV's, a 65" K720 and a H55M7000. Promised updates from Hisense UK never arrive. Once you purchase a Hisense TV you are on your own. Hisense Customer support are a disgrace.

Well I have the 60" NEC5600 UHD and at ÂŁ580 I'm blown away by the picture quality.
I've had nothing but joy from this set and will be looking to get a 75" in the near future for the main room. If the pricing stays as competitive this will be at the top of my list.

Hi,
Regards,
Paul
Hisense have produced some very good TV's over the past couple of years at extremely good prices. However software updates almost always fail to materialise despite promises from Hisense UK. If you buy Hisense just be aware of this. Both myself and other buyers who have contacted Hisense have been promised updates which have never arrived. Other than this I am quite pleased with both my 65" K720 and my 55" H55M7000.Surprise, Surprise. Shortly after writing this I switched on my H55M7000 only to receive a message that an update is waiting to be installed. The Netflix App has been upgraded to the latest version which supports HDR. Updates have also been applied to Freeview Play. Miracles do occasionally happen. Thank you Hisense.

Last edited:
I entirely agree. I will never purchase another Hisense TV. I own two Hisense TV's, a 65" K720 and a H55M7000. Promised updates from Hisense UK never arrive. Once you purchase a Hisense TV you are on your own. Hisense Customer support are a disgrace.
Don’t you know that Hisense has just released a new OTA for the m7000? A more than two years old product still being supported, plus the low price and great picture quality, what else do you want to have?

Hahaha you must be trolling. Hisense are yet to fix the issues they originally shipped the TV with two years ago, that isn't support in my opinion but trying to fix the huge errors they had made.

Don’t you know that Hisense has just released a new OTA for the m7000? A more than two years old product still being supported, plus the low price and great picture quality, what else do you want to have?
My original comments still are relevant despite an update being received just a few days ago. My comments were made prior to this software update which has taken far, far too long to arrive despite several promises made by Hisense UK. The update received a few days ago was originally promised for September 2017. I still have the Emails from Hisense .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom