CES 2011 - What products are you hoping will be announced?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
With CES 2011 fast approaching what products or technology are you hoping to see announced and why?

ipad 2. Looking forward to seeing what its going to offer as in performance etc. Im wondering how many rumours will be true.
Wouldn't touch the current one.

Hi all,

I am hoping for a Panasonic Kuros 3D T.V. to be launched with all 2010's problems ironed out. I also hope that instead of just giving us the 50" and 65" models, perhaps we can also have the 54" and 58" models as well.

Chris

I would like to see 2011 to be the year for all major players to introduce
Oled tvs to the market .

I would also like to see panasonic take the pioneer know how and use it
to the fullest and produce an outstanding plasma tv.
something as record breaking as the first Kuro was.

3D tv without the glasses thats as good as if we were wearing glasses

I would like to see LG make larger OLED tvs. 50" would be nice :D
Panasonic to make a tv without all the bugs and issues they have had for the last couple of years. And to revamp there looks of there tvs they dont look anywhere near as nice as LGs and Samsungs imo.
3D glasses to be better built so they dont hurt the bridge of noses after long use.
:smashin:

Regards

John

Panasonic to produce a decent Kuro beater.

decent TV full stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest TV's seem to have gone backwards with IR, edge lit bleeding, motion/flicker issues, high input lag etc etc etc....................people just want an all round performer, which is not unreasonable between 1 & 2k.

LED with plasma blacks, top quality motion will do me.

ipad 2. Looking forward to seeing what its going to offer as in performance etc. Im wondering how many rumours will be true.
Wouldn't touch the current one.
Won't happen at CES. If a new iPad is to be announced, it'll be on Apple's own terms.

I'm looking forward to LG hopefully announcing pricing for the LEX8/9 TVs. Hoping that it's not going to be too stellar, and comes in at similar SRPs to the LX9500, i.e. we'll be able to buy one this time next year for a nice amount under £2000. Also hoping that LG improve crosstalk on their 3D efforts, which have been the most disappointing of all to me.

In fact, in general I'm hoping we'll see more and better value direct LED backlight LCD TVs with local dimming. The LE8900 and (at twice the price) the Sony HX903 have proved that it can work really well. I doubt we'll see Samsung go back to it now, after the promise of the A786, but it would be great for Sony, LG and Toshiba to strengthen their offer.

And for Panasonic to release a plasma range without some sort of distracting foible. LG's range is only going to get stronger, Samsung's 3D plasma efforts have also been very good, Panasonic will really need to step up to continue to charge such a premium.

Oh, and input lag improvements would be appreciated across the board.

In fact, in general I'm hoping we'll see more and better value direct LED backlight LCD TVs with local dimming.

I doubt we'll see Samsung go back to it now, after the promise of the A786, but it would be great for Sony, LG and Toshiba to strengthen their offer.

Samsung might introduce a CNT-backlight LCD. They have apparently converted a PDP line to manufacture CNT BLUs.

i was originally going to wait till 2011 but since i just got a new TV guess it will be a while now before i get a new one.
I would like to see more on the LG nano tv, More full led sets rather than the poor edgelit ones.
Especially from the likes of Samsung.
All the panasonic problems ironed out but i can't see that happening.
More info on OLED sets.
I guess there will be improved 3D this year and hopefully they can produce sets with no crosstalk at all on plasma and much reduced crosstalk on LCD sets.
Oh and definatly more choices in sizes for the UK market.
vt20 only being in 50 and 65 isn't that great since for alot 50 is too small but 65 is too big.

Samsung might introduce a CNT-backlight LCD. They have apparently converted a PDP line to manufacture CNT BLUs.
Oooh! Add that to the list, then!

Pioneer to return to plasma TV production.
For obvious reasons.

Panasonic plasmas with more kuro tech, no 50hz issues, no banding or posterization.

I'd like to see LED projectors taking a step south of the £10k mark.

I understand they're not going to be cheap overnight, but it'd be good to see at least a little progress on the price reduction front.

Steve W

Seeing as Nintendo will be there for the first time in donkeys, something more interesting from them than merely 3DS press releases...

Panasonic to release a Kuro beater. Also an improvement on this years calibration menu.

Also some decent sized OLED's.

Last edited:
Panasonic to release a Kuro beater. Also an improvement on this years calibration menu.

Also some decent sized OLED's.

Good call, but they also need to make their TV's look alot better, the design is so clunky and not at all refined.............pioneer had this just right IMO

Last edited:
Yes agree with lots of the above about a "new Kuro". Panasonic have the capability to produce it but do they really care ? Maybe now they have got over the big 3D launch of last year picture quality will be the priority ?

All I want is a panasonic design tv :) I love Panasonic, but their designs are so damn ugly. Descent Kuro technology would be a nice addition too, or something better...

Seeing as Nintendo will be there for the first time in donkeys, something more interesting from them than merely 3DS press releases...
Nintendo don't have a stall, they just booked some meeting rooms during the conference, apparently. Big disappointment, I know.

Be good to see LG with a Kuro beater:D Panasonic can go away and sortout the basics and learn how to look after their customers.:thumbsdow

OLED at 42 up:D

I want the same thing everyone wants to be able to replace my Kuro, I would love for Panasonic to show us that it can be done and without all the problems of the previous sets, though I suspect this might be wishful thinking. With LG and Samsung both upping their game I can only hope that we see some results.

We also need much better glasses, I was wearing some of the Panasonics at work today and they really hurt your nose after an hour or two, plus everyone that passed mentioned that we looked like morons so some better styling would not go amiss.

plus everyone that passed mentioned that we looked like morons so some better styling would not go amiss.
LG already announced some new 3D specs by a (supposedly) well known glasses designer.

Here's a link

LG already announced some new 3D specs by a (supposedly) well known glasses designer.

Here's a link

I did see them, they do look much better though I expect that they will be somewhat pricey and not the type you get bundled in the box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom