Ceratech Saturn RF Wireless Keyboard

beerglass007

I brought a Ceratech Saturn RF Wireless Keyboard today
and cant get it working with my XP or MCE setup

Has anyone brought one of these and had any problems?

SHould I be looking out for anything when setting this up

Its a USB connection and standard KB

Thanks

weebroonieuk

Standard Member
ive got one mate , plug it into the usb , make sure the switch is pushed to on , on the keyboard

the usb receiver should light up green when plugged in , press the button once it should go out, grab the keyboard and press the connect button on it and the usb receiver should flicker on and stay lit and it shout work

if not just use a standard keyboard and mouse to get into windows , then unplug them and plug in the keyboard and let windows install it

might need to keep your old mouse plugged in to click ok and whatnot on the windows installation prompts if the trackball isnt able to pick it up yet

BryanKitts

Novice Member
beerglass007 said:
Has anyone brought one of these and had any problems?
I've got one, and have intermittent (and slightly bizarre) problems with signal dropping out (I haven't got to the bottom of this - seems specific to my PC/setup), but it works well most of the time. Using a different USB cable seemed to improve things for me, and it wouldn't work with the front USB ports, so may be worth trying different ports/cables if you get desperate.

How far do you get if you follow weebroonieuk's instructions?

C

cambrain

Can any of you confirm if this keyboard works during post and with BIOS setup? Or does it only work once XP has started up?

nudge

Novice Member
only got mine yesterday ( from pcnextday) and yes i can use it to get into the bios during boot sequence without any trouble. hope this helps...

Media-Man

Novice Member
cambrain said:
Can any of you confirm if this keyboard works during post and with BIOS setup? Or does it only work once XP has started up?
You might need to enable USB keybaor d support in the BIOS :s

BryanKitts

Novice Member
nudge said:
yes i can use it to get into the bios during boot sequence without any trouble
I second that. For a self-build I needed a standard keyboard for initial setup, but once that's done the Saturn is recognised at boot (at least with my mobo).

W

widgetuk

I have one too .And use if for MCE. But I get strange problem when I come out of S3 standby... does anyone else get this? Everything works fine up until one puts the PC into standby (S3). Then when you wake it up from the MCE remote control, the keyboard/mouse of the Saturn can no longer be seen until the usb dongle and underside keyboard buttons are pressed!! Which is really naff. It all works ok with a proper shutdown, start-up, I never have to press the connect buttons at all then, only have to do it when start up from an S3 standby... I guess this is a driver issue? Anyone know a fix or workaround?!?!

BryanKitts

Novice Member
widgetuk said:
I have one too .And use if for MCE. But I get strange problem when I come out of S3 standby... does anyone else get this? Everything works fine up until one puts the PC into standby (S3). Then when you wake it up from the MCE remote control, the keyboard/mouse of the Saturn can no longer be seen until the usb dongle and underside keyboard buttons are pressed!! Which is really naff. It all works ok with a proper shutdown, start-up, I never have to press the connect buttons at all then, only have to do it when start up from an S3 standby... I guess this is a driver issue? Anyone know a fix or workaround?!?!
I have no problem with this keyboard after standby. The only weirdness I've found is that some of my USB ports are powered on standby (e.g. for MCE remote), some are not (it's a jumper setting on my motherboard) and my PC will only go into standby if the keyboard dongle is in one of the ones that is powered on standby (otherwise it just wakes up straightaway). So even though I don't wake the PC using the keyboard, for me it still seems to want to be powered on standby. However, the dongle LED does go out when it's on standby... As I said, a bit weird!

In summary, it may be worth trying different USB ports, particularly if some of them have different configurations.

W

widgetuk

cheers brian, I've had a play around, seems to be working fine now! :)

murts

Anyone know how to re-assign the hotkeys ?

i.e. the 'play key' to start zplayer instead of Windows media player.

ta.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom