1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centurion PPBDVD8 sound through a TV

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by NigelH, May 11, 2005.

1. NigelH

NigelH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone explain how to get the sound from a Centurion PPBDVD8 to play through the TV speakers?

It's connected to the front AV socket of a new Panasonic widescreen TV using the 3 pin AV lead. Pictures are fine but the sound just plays through the DVDs own speakers. The manual is not much help!

Thanks......

2. NigelH

NigelH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely there's someone else out there who has got one of these......isn't there?!?!?

3. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Exactly what are the outputs from the DVD player, I have just got the twin screen model and that has separate phono connections.

Does yours have a mini jack to yellow/red/white phono plugs. If so I don't see why it is not working, sometimes the sound doesn't come out if you don't have the mini jack pushed in all the way.

Sorry can't be much more help, I have a different model.

Martin

4. thepfy

thepfy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got the same problem - the sound does come through to the TV but it's very low. Unfortunately it comes through full volume on the DVD player.

Tried different setup options but no luck.

5. NigelH

NigelH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the TV needs to be turned way up high to hear it and I too have tried searching through the various options. It's a bit disappointing really.

I was going to write to Centurion to see what they had to say, but haven't got round to it yet!

I've also found it doesn't like DVD copies very much - it tends to freeze - so we're having to take the originals out in the car and hope they don't get damaged!

6. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are you copying your DVD's on, I use a Toshiba RDXS34 and have not had any problems whatsoever with either DVD-R or DVD-RW, no freezing, skipping or anything.

Regards,

Martin

7. grahalex

grahalex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at the Centurion PPBDVD8 8" player, £99 from e-buyer.Would you recommend it Nigel.

8. mrjohnfernandez

mrjohnfernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if anyone finds anyway of making the volume come out of the TV with no volume from the PPBDVD8 unit, i.e. solely using it as a DVD player, please someone let me know.

I also tried fiddling with ALL the settings but to no effect...

9. AndrewB

AndrewB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried sticking a headphone jack adaptor in the headphone socket of the Centurion (assuming it has one)? This should mute its speakers but should still leave you with sound on the line out to the TV. If that works but the sound level is still too low on the TV, you could buy yourself a lead that goes from minijack to 2 phonos (lots of people sell them now so you can plug iPods etc into hifi amps) and then run the audio out of the headphone socket into the TV's red and white phono sockets. The volume control of the DVD player will then need to be turned up most of the way and you should get a strong signal.

Andrew

10. jimexbox

jimexbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not the only one struggling outputting sound to a TV, anybody sorted this yet?

11. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use an in car cassette adapter which plugs into my Centurion twin screen model headphone socket and then into my car stereo cassette player and this mutes the sound to the screens and sounds fantastic on my car stereo, just like being at the cinema.

Martin

12. jimexbox

jimexbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted, the sound to the TV is controlled by onboard volume and your normal TV volume control.

So, stick a headphone audio jack in the rear of the player, stick the volume on the DVD to max, then you can control the sound level from your TV.