Centrestage cs1 problem with Benq 7700

lupinthe4th

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Benq pe7700 projector and have just got a centrestage cs1 scaler,it works brilliantly with ntsc 60hz feeds but it looks awful with pal 50hz feeds,the picture is there but it has subtle vertical stripes every inch or so,this is the same on any input from composite freeview to prog scan dvd,can anyone help please?
You can change pal to 60hz which eliminates the problem but this can result in judder so it is not ideal.It also works okay with a Philips 963 dvd player with it set to 480p for any disc but I was hoping to use it with Sky.
The scaler is fine as I have tried it on a Panasonic ae700 and there was no problem with pal or ntsc,but also I don't think their is anything wrong with the 7700,could it be an incompatibility issue between them? Would it make a difference if I tried 720p over component output instead of 720pRGB or Hdmi?
Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

How have you got it connected to the PJ?
What happens if you turn the source off?
What happens if you connect the DVD directly to the PJ?
There's lots of limitations with the CS-1; you may have problems with Sky.
Nick

Hi

I have tried connecting it by component interlaced and progressive and even composite and it doesn't make any difference.If you switch the scaler off the screen goes grey and if the dvd goes directly to the pj then it is fine.

Thanks

I am guessing this is the centrestage i sold.

I used it for over a year on my Sharp Z9000 (720p) DLP projector without any problem. During this time i had it connected to my dvd player via component and my sky+ via RGB component and s-video.

I even used it on my laptop via composite without any problems.

Anyone else got any ideas of what could be causing this?

I know when you use the pc suite that their are dozens of set up options for the various modes (e.g. 720p RGB) could one of these be the problem.

Cheers
Steve.

Lupinthe4th, have a manual for the projector that defines the HDTV timings?

Stevos, can you describe exactly how you connected Sky+ to CS-1 by RGB?

Cheers, Nick

Yes, by the use of too much money.

I purchased a maplin RGB Scart -> Component Box.

I could have purchased a RGB Scart -> 4 RCA Component + Sync lead for a faction of the cost.

Interesting comment nick, what would happen if the HDTV timings were out, would it produce a similar problem?

I'm not quite sure. I know the 720p and 1080i timings are very fussy. Unfortunately, with the CS-1 you cannot output a pixel grid to check the mapping, so it's not easy to see what you are doing.

Nick :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom