1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centrestage CS-1 and Barco 701s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Messiah, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Well, my CS-1 turned up today. There I was thinking it would be a direct replacement for my QS Pro and would need little tweaking. How wrong could I be. Ignorance and naivity - my middle names :D

OK, realising I will now have to reset all the blocks on my CRT I have a few questions.

1. The QS was set up on the RGB3S input (source 4/94) but when I try to use that one with the CS-1 I just get a scrolling green image. I now have to use either Componen-3 or Componen-V with no sync connection Is this right?

2. What output should I be using. Currently 720p and 1080i are the only 2 that will give a stable image which fills the screen (well near enough before resetting geometry and convergence). I'm inclined to set it all up with 720p. Is this the best option.

3. Does anyone know of any better custom resolution and if so is it downloadable from FE or do you have the settings or hex file?

Thanks guys. I'l keep everyone posted ver the next few days as to how it goes and how it performs.

Cheers

Neil

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm really rushing to get out the door for Bristol but u must use input 3 RGBs.
    The 701 does not have the bandwidth to cope with anything other than standard component.
    Input 4 is for HDTV and though it will work for component it will not use the correct settings or timings

The scrolling picture is becuase it expecting a combined sync signal IE the Hand V together

I would have thought 720p will be smack on for that machine if it has new tubes and I doubt it will display 1080i

Input 3

1. 2 .................................3

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Roland. Funny how the QS always worked and looked best on Input 4 :confused: . Just realised (thanks to popeye) that it won't work on RGB output (greyed out in menus) because the factory settings do not inlcude that res. Off to the FE website now for a few downloads :D

Thanks again.

Neil

4. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a shame that Focus didn't include a 720p RGB res on the CS-1 preset resolutions. Unfortunatly there's only 720p ypbpr & if you try to change it to RGB it defaults back.

I noticed on the CS-2 which I bought recently Focus have started to include a 720p RGB, so maybe they've had a few requests that it be included. For anyone who's interested there are three 720p RGB resolutions on the Focus site to allow users to select the appropriate setting for thier display as you may find problems with sync & phase anomalies. From speaking to Focus support they recommend the number one res for CRT projectors, but the best advice is to try them all.

focus have also just released the version 4 software for the CS-2, which now includes test generated patterns, cool!
    I'm not sure if there have any plans to include the up-graded software on the CS-1.

popeye

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks popeye. Have managed to get the correct lead and connected to the CS-1. Upgraded firmware to v2.01 (which explains why after updating a 720p RGB res appeared) and downloaded a few additional resolutions so will be having some fun later today.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.