1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centrestage 1 - Sanyo Z2 connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by deere, Nov 22, 2004.

1. deere

deere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

i am trying to connect a Focus Enhancments Centrestage 1 to a Sanyo Z2 projector, via DVI-D. I want to feed a 720P signal to the projector but can't get a picture. i am using a 9M bettercables cable but i think the problem may be that the 1280x720p standard setting on the CS1 is RGB - you can download a custom setting of 1280x720P EIA-861 for DVI HDTV output from the website - is this the correct one?
    Am i correct in thinking that the RGB signal will not be picked up by the projector as the cable is DVI-D not DVI-I & thus on the wrong pins. Also am i correct in stating that the CS1 only outputs DVI-D & not DVI-I & so the RGB signal would need to go via the 15D plug? Will i see a big difference between DVI & component / RGB?
    thanks
    Mark

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    DVI-D is DVI, digital only. DVI-I is DVI analogue or digital, this is so that a DVI port can receive analogue RGBs signals as if it were a 15pin d-sub.

However you may have the Z3 setup to expect a VGA signal rather than DVI. I don't remember how the Z3 does it but go into the setup menu and see if there are options for the DVI input. You don't want VGA, or RGB scart. You do want RGB PC Digital or similar.

If still no joy you may need to alter the refresh rate of the CS1s output to 60Hz (not sure if the Z3 is limited to this or not).

Am a bit rusty with the CenterStages and haven't tweaked so a Z3 so stabbing in the dark a bit here but that should give you a few things to try.